1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

amir khan knocked out

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by radvegas, May 8, 2016.

1. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow what a knock out!! surely its time to hang up his gloves. earned his millions, but a series of bad decisions picking his fights and poor performances have littered his career. he is never going to be great so he should walk away.

2. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think he still can compete at the welterweight division. He was taking shots well, but I think the body shots slowed him down a little and allowed Canelo to get too close. Before that, he was managing his distance about as well as one can. He was looking really good. If he takes the same approach at his natural fighting weight, he should be better. He needs to just reign it in when he starts getting to aggressive. That's his problem.

3. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to see him fight kell brook, but khan is saying that isnt going to happen. That would be the biggest draw for him if he was to fight in the UK, but he is not liked at all here and so it could be quite hostile for him against a very well liked brook. I understand he wants the big fights in the US but fighting danny garcia again might just be the final nail in the coffin.

4. TehRed

TehRed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never quite understood how once you lose a couple of fights you're "done" and should give up. He was fighting a knockout artist outside of his natural weight class, and was actually ahead on the scorecards before he got caught.

He'll still do fine back at welterweight, his speed has always been an asset.

5. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. A combination of talking heads and programmed responses. Lots of experts out there.

Nick:beer: