1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

AMEX Platinum Card gives $100 reimbursement for airline fees a year

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by vwhiten, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This year I signed my AMEX card up for the reimbursement - it does not cost me anything. You have to choose one airline -- I think you have to stick with that airline for a year?? -- I maybe wrong there. I booked my Southwest flight last month for April -- last week I paid for the EB $15 -- each way now. I saw my credit on AMEX for the EB fees. I also paid for my husband's ticket with Southwest points but you still have to pay a fee of $11 total if using points. I also got that reimbursed. Every little bit helps.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  2. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see this service...maybe it's not for all AMEX cards -- we have a Gold card...where did you find it?

3. robxj

robxj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's for the Amex Platinum card which costs $450 a year. I have the card. I fly in and out of Vegas a lot on Delta and you get free access to the AMEX Centurion Lounge which in T1 in the D gates right near the top of the escalators. VERY nice lounge with hot food buffet going all day long. Great food crafted by qualified chefs. Free food and bar. Worth showing up 45 minutes for your flight. You also get up to either $100 or $200 (can't remember) reimbursed from your airline of choice. Of course I designated Delta and anytime I make an onboard purchase on a flight that amount is refunded up the the $100 or $200 limit per year. Card also gives you instant Hilton and SPG Gold status. Card also pays the $100 fee if you want to join Global Entry. Card also gives you access to Delta Sky Club Lounges and a Priority Pass Club membership. If you travel a lot it's not a bad card to have and I easily justify the $450 per year. Lots of other great perks come with the card so check it out.

4. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a gold card and not platinum. I also do the reward/point program and the skymiles which I get charged extra for. The skymiles will get you a credit of $100 a year for going into lounges like AA or United Lounges -- I have never done it but may try it once. You have to pay for it and the then AMEX will reimburse you.

36th Wedding Anniversary
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.