1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

America's Best Burger Joint

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ACgambler, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACgambler

ACgambler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok Burger fans of around the county: Looking opinions on the best fast food hamburger. Obviously out in LV and in and around California and now in TX, "In & Out Burger" seems to be a favorite. In the North East (New Jersey, NY etc.) "Fat Burger" seems to be a favorite. And on the entire east coast from Maine to FL and expanding westward is "5 Guys" and seems to be a favorite. Has anyone tried all three? Which do you feel is the best?

Any other up and coming burger places in other parts of the country compare with these three?

What is your favorite?

2. MTMONGO

MTMONGO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had all 3, and out of them I like Fatburger the best. Now my favorite burger joint is Mooya Burger.

3. nhcris

nhcris High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have tried all 3 and I prefer Fat Burger by far. Five Guys is inconsistent but their fries are wicked good. In & Out Burger was a huge disappointment.

4. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am from the northeast ( CT)........and IN N OUT is the best fast food burger i have EVER had.

5. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    out of that list, Fatburger......this is a popular topic of discussion the past year, lots of threads debating the issue!:beer:

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    None. All the best burgers I've had have been from mom-n-pop joints. I've never been to In-and-Out or Fat Burger. I though 5 Guys was good but not good enough to go back or to make me forget Fuddruckers.

7. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

I'm an In N' Out fan too.

Like the burgers LOVE the idea when I have one I must be in Vegas !!!!

8. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best take-out burgers

My medical doctor told me that "IN & OUT BURGERS were better for me because they don't put other stuff in the meat.

I do like FAT BURGER but we don't have one in my small town near me.
    I love chili burgers. Lucy

9. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought 5 guys was terrible and over-priced! Around here (Michigan)a lot of people like Red Robin's burgers. . . and of course, the bottomless fries!

10. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried all 3 many times.

5 Guys, best burger if you don't mind sitting down and waiting for a bit.
    In-N-Out, best burger for drive thru or if you don't have time to wait. The double double animal style is the best! :nworthy:

Fat Burger was good, but not the best IMO.

11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

What constitutes a "joint"? Seems like many responses are running toward chain fast-food, whether regional or national. I'm not seeing that and I love a good double-double. Kinda hard for a fast-food place to compete with, for example, a chain like Islands, and I don't know how many scores of even better burgers I've had in taverns, dumps, golf grills or other local-only establishments.

12. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Red Robin's burgers are amazing, especially the ones with the fried onions and BBQ sauce on them. Bottomless fries with campfire sauce!

Five guys is just an overpriced chain, but they do have amazing fries. Similar to Penn Station subs.

13. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've tried all three. I'd rank In N Out first, followed by 5 guys, then Fatburger.

14. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my favorite topics.

My reviews of the mentioned restaurants.

In-N-Out > Overrated. Buns and fries are below average.

Five Guys> No appeal whatsoever. Burger is too salty and fries are greasy.

Fat Burger > Nothing special.

From another thread:

TK is great because the burgers are cooked on a char-broiler. Similar to a backyard barbecue. None of this flat grill garbage where the burger sits in grease. Buns are great and their hot and crispy french fries are right up there with the best I have tasted. Great laid back atmosphere.

[​IMG]

Fuddruckers is right up there with TK. As I mentioned above people overlook the importance of the bun. They are fresh baked at the restaurant, soft, and don't overpower the hamburger. Their market fresh produce toppings are the best anywhere. To be healthy, I order my burger without the bun and wrap it in the lettuce. Fries are great. Not in the mood for a beef burger? Why not try their buffalo, elk, or wild boar burger? A friend of mine says the elk or wild boar (I do not recall which) is the best burger anywhere. Not my thing though.

http://www.fuddruckers.com/exotics/

I am a chocolate cookie connoisseur and the chocolate chip cookies at Fuddruckers are the best I have tasted anywhere.

I don't think there is a place that has come up with the best hamburger which is why my friends and I might open our own hamburger restaurant.

15. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a fuddruckers fan. Best drunk burger I ever ate. Had my first one in New Orleans. Best hangover hamburger is McDonalds. The perfect meat bread ratio for a hangover.

16. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If we are talking non mom and pop places, my favorite burger here in the Midwest is Culvers, nothing like a greasy butterburger with bacon!

A very close second for me around here as well is Hardees! I love the Frisco burger, sourdough bread makes it just right!

Back in the 90's I had a great burger in Texas on the way to spring break at Whataburger, oversized and made perfect.

17. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best burger I've ever had, and it's not close, is from Ray's the Burger in DC. It's not really a chain though, so I'm not answering the question (although I think there are 3 of them.)

18. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WhataBurger

Hey Now!
    There are a few in VA and NC.
    Great burgers and those fries in the wax paper bags....

HEY NOW! NYE in AC!!!!!!!
    Hey Now! 6 days in Biloxi....plus early Mardi Gras Parades!!!
  19. MarkY

MarkY Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want a great burger in Vegas, skip the fast food crap and head over to BLT at the Mirage.

20. jpw711

jpw711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want a $12 burger with fries and coke, my vote is 5 guys.

However, for a mainstream fast food burger, whataburger hands down.

Hardees has a good burger, but they cook em till they are way dead around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.