1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

American idol t.v. Show

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LucyR., Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everybody! Who likes to watch the American Idol show?

I have been having fun watching the two female judges who like to pick on eachother. Plus I wonder if they will be able to handle the emotional stuff as
    the show progresses when they have to send some of their favorites home.

I have already seen some good singers on this show. I always look for a singer
    that has a special sounding voice that is different.

2. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gave up on watching last year.......SIMON made the show. This year I'm tired of it already and I've only watched the show the first week. While I like Mariah the other space cadet drives me crazy.

Jimbo338

3. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lucy, I enjoy shows like American Idol, The Voice, Survivor, etc.

I was surprised to hear Keith Urban had a British accent-LOL.

4. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have watched AI religiously since year one. Yes, there are parts of it I don't like, but watching gifted young people grow and improve with something as beautiful as singing is worth it.

Not fond of the parade of obviously mentally ill or deluded people during the tryouts. I feel sad for them. The world is sad enough, just show the elevating parts of good singing.

5. LadyRose

LadyRose High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I caved and watched the first two nights. I said I wouldn't watch the new judges. 4 judges are too many. I wish they could fire that clown and just have Randy Keith and Mariah. I am missing JLo and Steven.

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the early auditions but generally stop watching once the finalists are chosen - gets boring for me at that point. Some of the people that don't make it are much more interesting than those that do.

Having said the above, I'm cynical. Like many, I really do not think this is a reality show at all. The supposed drama between judges and other things that occur are a bit too convenient in drawing attention to the show. And, at this point, I don't think anyone believes the best singer wins or that the votes really do decide the outcome. It's entertainment first, a real contest second.

Bill

7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Candy,
    Keith Urban is an AUSSI.

jimbo338

8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the show is too scripted now. Anything for ratings, which is what it's all about I guess.

And that lady judge, who-ever her name, (not Mariah...) the one that looks like cotton candy one day then looks like a shaved ice cone the next. Weird-looking thing. So distracting...

To me it's turning into a hybrid Jerry Springer show....

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  9. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like a lot of the reality shows too

Hi Candy, Keith Urban does sound a little bit British. I guess we will have to listen to his voice to hear his Aussi accent. He is really nice and serious about being a good judge on this show.

I like watching Mariah who wears real diamond jewelry. I notice she has a low voice and acts real low key as compared to Nicki Clown who likes to egg her on to start a verbal fight.

I think Mariah is going to get real stressed out as a judge and will have to take valiums to survive this show.lol.

I plan to keep watching this show because I will have fun watching the reaction from the judges. Lucy

10. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mariah's deep speaking voice surprises me because she has such a high upper singing range.

11. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mariah's personality

Candy, I am looking foreward to getting to know Mariah's personality as
    the show progresses. I don't really know her but I do know she has mental
    problems at times.

I remember how emotional JLO was as a judge. Steven had a potty mouth.
    I am glad they made a change of judges so we can see their personalities.

I am glad that Paula Abdul is gone as a judge. She was just too emotional
    and couldn't make decisions.

Simon has changed a lot and is a lot nicer on his new X-FACTOR show.

12. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really never thought Simon was nasty.....just brutally honest. Everyone else would sugar coat someone's obvious screw up. Simon would go right to the point. You then could learn and grow as an artist, or reject all criticism and take your chances. It's like some of the people leaving the auditions, they cannot accept the fact that they just don't have the talent that they think. I remember the wise advice of my high school english teacher, Mr. Zeisner, who said, "remember, only your mother will tell you if you stink."

I think Keith is going to try to be a good judge and to be fair and helpful. I don't know much about Nicki and I wonder if the rumors that the friction between her and Mariah is put on.......AM IDOL ratings are way down, you know. Mariah is a classy lady and I believe had a 5 octive vocal range! I find the auditions kind of boring, not really much talent, just getting what they can of fools and poor talent to keep people tuned in to laugh at them.

jimbo338 ( who has no vocal talent, btw)

13. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like seeing the wierdos

But.... it is also amazing when a great singer shows up.

I also think that they reject some good singers that are just nervous.
    They say that Kelly Clarkson didn't have a great audition. So they were
    surprised when she started singing better as the show progressed.

14. Gomar

Gomar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Philip Phillips has a good voice and presence. Scotty was good, and has a great future. A few winners dropped off the face of the Earth.
    And a few top 10 became real famous.

15. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Nicki Minaj is growing on me as a judge. She has a strong personality and she was edited well tonight, even during the infamous fight with Mariah. Mariah is a diva to me that only notices others when she looks down at what she's stepping on. Nicki's from the street and can still relate to the common folk. She bonds quickly with people while Mariah struggles to make those connections.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  16. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agreed with Nicki that the other judges were dissecting the blonde girl's "country" comment.

17. redzone

redzone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree with the clown girl last night. This early in their hope to become a professional singer what does it matter how they see themselves? Can they sing or not. If they can then eventually they will find their niche or get advice on where to go with it.

The other thing that I don't get was last week when the girl came in with her guitar but decided not to use it and set it down to sing to them.
    THEY asked her to pick it up and then commented on how hard it is to sing and play an instrument at the same time. She seemed to have a good voice (better than some they sent through) but they voted no to going to Hollywood. I think they should have just let her do what she felt was best for the audition.

18. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. She must have been embarrassed that they personally came to "get her" to audition, she brought a big supporting group with her, and then was turned down. By the time the judges discussed whether to give her a second chance, she could have sung already. On the other hand, they let a girl sing twice last night who obviously had NO talent.

19. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not really a 'fan' of the show, but I have seen it over the years, and I caught last night's show and the show last week. I know that ratings have been down, hence the totally and completely fabricated 'feud' between Mariah Carey and the one who looks like a black Phyllis Diller. Gotta do something to breathe life into the show, which has become very stale, especially since most of the singers sound so much alike. So the writers came up with a 'feud', and it's working, because people are talking about it.

Don't be fooled into thinking there is anything 'real' about reality TV.

TFK

20. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I like about the auditions

When a singer is really bad.... I like it when they all say, "NO"!! at the same time. It makes it easier for
    the judges not having to explain why the singer has been rejected.

But, I really don't like it when they get rude and reject a singer by laughing at them
    or say mean things to them. Nicki Clown judge likes to do that at times.

I look for special voice sounds that are very different. Some of the quirky singers
    do have a special sounding voice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.