1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

American Express points lowered for Mlife/MGM gift cards

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by vwhiten, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if it is temporary but for a $100 gift card it used to be 12,000 points -- now it is 10,000 points. I just purchased one today for my MGM stay. They have several other resort cards, Bellagio, MB etc - all the same price -- I also did not know until a little while ago that you can use any of the cards at any of the Mlife properties.

I had enough points to get a $25 Cheesecake Factory Card too (Don't be a hater I love Cheesecake Factory and about the only time I get their is in Vegas).

Just thought I would share with fellow AMEXers.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tons of way more valuable ways to spend your MR points

than 1 cent each on a GC!

3. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from what I have seen almost everything is about 1 cent return. Purchasing electronics etc is worse -- I haven't seen anything that would have a better payout. I do not get my room comped -- I do get a good rate and maybe one free night.

Example a vitamix is $144 -- or 28,800 points -- $200 of MGM gift cards is 20,000 points -- for me it is a good use of points since my final bill for MGM 5 nights is going to be a little under $500 for 5 nights.

I also admit I haven't done a lot of searching on my AMEX rewards --

36th Wedding Anniversary
  4. lithium78

lithium78 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now I wish I had waited before getting my MLife gift card from AMEX for my trip in a few weeks. Oh, well. Gift cards are my best use for AMEX points, because they don't have any airline partners I use and I get comped rooms and meals, so their vacation packages aren't a very good deal for me.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's better is travel!

Transfer to BA when they're running a bonus and get even more miles than points.

6. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for you. I ordered 3 mirage gift cards a month ago and it cost me 12K points each. Oh well, still a good deal. I could pick up another card, but I now have more than I need to cover my Mirage stay as I received 3 comp nights w/no resort fee, as well as a resort credit and slot play. We are staying 5 night....enjoy your trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.