1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Amazing Race

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is one show where if you want to post spoilers, please feel free.

I once loved this show until it just became an event of who could buy airline tickets off of their cell phone the fastest and who lucked out and didn't get a clueless cab driver. And they always show couples having inane bickering fests that get tiresome after a while.

I will say that this show definitely has the toughest challenges. Remember walking down the fa├žade of Mandalay Bay, and it is fun for that, and I do enjoy the exotic locations. Seeing someone stand on the exact same corner in Saigon as I did was a huge kick.

Unfortunately, a lot of these locations are on the brink of some natural disaster after Amazing Race comes through.

Plus, on the East Coast, the start is always delayed by the NFL, so setting the DVR is impossible.

So, knock yourselves out, spoil away, it just doesn't matter.

2. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love that show and have always wanted to be on it but my husband says we would fight during the whole thing. I think he just doesn't want to because I know directions so much better than him.

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always "play along" - I would *definitely* be in charge of reading clues!:peace: I'm amazed how many people overlook things like "walk to the next pit stop". Then again, considering I won't jump off anything OR go snorkeling, much less scuba diving, there's not a chance in hel! I'd ever actually do the show:evillaugh I could win all the eating contests though. I'll eat anything.

4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about when the lady doctor, a vegan, had to eat a camel's head?

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't really have a comment on Amazing Race, but I had the same problem as this with a show a while back. It was always an hour or so late because of a sports event.

when you set your DVR to record a show, you can go into advanced settings and choose it to record extra after the show is supposed to end. I would have it record 2 hours after the show was supposed to end and then I never missed the show again.

6. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, I use the "end late" feature quite a bit - some shows routinely go long, as if on purpose so you can't record on another channel:rolleyes2:. Or if I'm home and I know there are sports on, I'll double check start time and just manually add a couple shows to the queue...

7. egelston2

egelston2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What amazes me on this show is the number of people who do not know how to drive stick or how to swim.

8. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Step 4 of senility. I should have thought of this. Thanks!

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if they actually had other than bumbling idiots on shows like this it wouldn't make compelling TV.

10. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True. The only reality tv we watch is Amazing Race and whatever is on HGTV or DIY - and even there, you really can tell when stuff is edited for "drama". Spare me the drama - I just want to see how you tile on radiant heat:rolleyes2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.