1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Alternatives to Presidential Limo?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by FuzzyDiceCraps, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps High-Roller

We always use Presidential Limo, even though we're eligible for free transport, we just love their efficiency, and the "free" bottle of champagne is a tradition for us which we really enjoy.

For our upcoming trip, we're splitting our stay between the M and the Palazzo. Turns out the M is outside Presidential's "service area" so its significantly more to get the same amenities there.

Is anyone aware of a company that services the M with similar specials/amenities as Presidential that would be worth looking into?

2. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think they toss in that "great" bottle, but look at the shared limo service by Bell Transport. I used them last trip, and didn't have a problem with them at all. Didn't even have to share it with anyone. Ride to the hotel was in a 300, the ride back was in an Escalade.

3. FuzzyDiceCraps

Thanks for the Bell recommendation. Not interested in the limo share, we could do the hotel transportation for free, its just we have this tradition of renting a limo and starting off with a "complimentary" bottle of champagne on the way to the hotel - it sounds dumb, but its kind of the cue we need to get excited that our Vegas excursion has really started (the drinks at the airport and on the plane don't count - lol). That said Bell's private limo service to/from the airport with "free" champagne does service the M as well as Palazzo - so it hits both legs of our trip. Great tip, thanks, I probably would not have looked at them otherwise! If all goes well, they're our new go-to limo company!

4. jpw711

jpw711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a thought, if you have a regular driver from presidential, call him direct and ask if he can take you to the M. The driver we use has bent the rules a few times in our favor. Worth a shot.

5. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is really odd to me. Livery service in Vegas is rented by the hour, so you're paying for the limo for an hour... and they can't get you to the M within that timeframe? I guess they can do it, but not with the cheap sparkling wine they give you? That's crazy to me. The M really isn't that far from the strip.

If I were in your shoes and I wanted to celebrate with a bottle of bubbly on the way to the resort... I'd hit a store at the airport and pick up a nicer bottle than the cheap crap they have in those Presidential limos and then I'd walk out to find a limo curbside. Save money over what Pres charges and I end up happier with the bottle of my choice. Win-win if you ask me.

6. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally understand your reason for doing the limo with the champagne. We've done Vegas with and without the limo and it just isn't the same without the marker moment that says "We're in Vegas." It starts the vacation right.

Agree with undathesea. Seems like you could get to just about anywhere in the hour you're getting the limo for. I've never heard about their service area, but I've always been going to or near the strip. I am disappointed in their recent price increase. I wonder if this is service area limit is another way to raise prices.

I would first do what jpw711 suggested and call your regular driver. If there is a way to get it done under their policies, he or she will know how to do it.

Like you, we've always used Presidential. I'll be interested in the responses you get.

Finally!
  7. FuzzyDiceCraps

THanks for the feedback. Just some updates.

I do everything online, so when I went to select the hotels on Presidential's website, M wasn't listed. I used their online chat and they said to book the M I'd have to call in, when I called in they said they will take us to the M, but it doesn't qualify for the "web special" and would be subject to the hourly rate.

I did text our driver after I read these comments, and he said he would be happy to take us to the M....unfortunately I already booked Bell, so lesson learned for next time. Ironically the booking service is EXACTLY the same....difference is Bell lists a lot more properties than Presidential does. We always treat our driver extremely well, so I should have thought of that to begin with.

Undathesea, you're absolutely right, I could get a better bottle myself...but that requires me doing something. I know it sounds ridiculous. But I love getting off the plane, seeing my name on the sign, him handling my luggage, etc...

Its not a question of value, because obviously the whole "deal" is highly overpriced...but hey, its just what we do. :)

I am half tempted to cancel Bell and use our driver with Presidential...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.