1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Alter ego

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sco5123, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is your alter ego in vegas?
    ....or what would it be if you had one?

2. squidward

squidward Probationary Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pass myself off as Dirk McGonagall, private detective from Austin, TX. I specialize in divorce cases, college sports stars gone wrong, and illegal submarines used for smuggling.

I typically over-share this information with elderly Hawaiian ladies during slot tournaments? I don’t know why? :confused2:

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL that's hilarious.
    I do not normally have an alter ego. I am a grad student at home and in vegas. But if I had an alter ego, it would be a mysterious...librarian. Lol name Nadia.

4. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bert Macklin, FBI!

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since I am typically cheap, non-drinker and always worrying about something, my alter ego in Vegas is:
    - very relaxed
    - no worries (expect how to spend the jackpot I hopefully win)
    - big tipper
    - dump cash in the machines and table games
    - loud drunk

Vegas is a nice escape.

6. GamblingBadger

GamblingBadger Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An over-served drunken buffoon from Wisconsin...wait, I guess that's not an alter ego.

7. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Cosmo Christmas
  8. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL thats pretty funny and I'd say a pretty good description of my husband except from Northern Illinois:beer:

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heh, I've always thought about trying this at the poker table and seeing how well I could pull it off.

Go in as the Texan one day, maybe an irishman or australian the next. Do the hoodie and glasses for a day. Basicallly just show up as a stereotype and then play it a complete different way after giving people the wrong first impression.

Not for any real advantage, just for the sake of messing with people.

10. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In real life I'm a science nerd. if I had an alter ego in Las Vegas it would be either a showgirl or lounge singer.

11. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've thought about trying to have an alternate ego based on movie characters. Like telling someone my name is John Mclain and I'm a retired cop from NYC (Diehard). Frank Panetangles in the Olive Oil Business (Godfather 2). Charlie Bucket Candy Maker. (Willy Wonka). Then just bs elaborate stories weaving in actual plot lines from the films and see if anyone notices.

12. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would work even better with tv roles as you could work your story until it bled into the shows' opening intro:

For example:

"What do you do, Mr Smith"
    "I'm a soldier of fortune and part time horror film actor"
    "Really? wow, how did you get into that"
    "Well, 1972 me and my commando unit were sent to prison by a military court for a crime we didn't commit. We promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground, and today still wanted by the government, we survive as soldiers of fortune ..."

OR

"What do you do, Mr Smith"
    "Nothing, actually. I'm supported by my rich uncle in Bel-Air."
    "Really, you grew up in Bel-Air?"
    "Actually, no, I'm West Philadelphia born and raised ..."

or if you really want to GO FOR IT

"What do you mean you're from the future, Dr Beckett?
    "Well, Theorising that one could time travel within his own lifetime, I stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished... I woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not my own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. My only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only I can see and hear. And so I find himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that my next leap will be the leap home…

13. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At home, I am Mr. Happy-go-lucky retirement man ... laid back, enjoying life, with plenty on hand to not need worrying about finances or spending.

In Vegas, I become Mr. Happy-go cheapo - advantage coupon discount man. There's just something about taking on the challenge of all the offers, discounts, promos, giveaways, and points freebies in Vegas, that turns me into Mr. Frugal, to do as much as we can do, while spending as little as possible. Case in point, our last trip with us spending only $10 cash money to dine all week ... not including tips, as we always take care of the service people. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.