1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant Question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by hundth, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hundth

hundth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if people who do not select seats are given a random seat on the seating chart? I'm wondering if looking at the seats available is a good way to gauge how full the plane actually is?

Thanks!

2. Vegas Dave 2013

Vegas Dave 2013 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the past when I have used them, they only block out seats that someone has paid the fee for. I wouldn't, put to much faith into using it for hoe full the plane is.

3. liteman

liteman Old Timer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe non seat holders are given a number at check-in. They are then allowed on the plane in order of their numbers. The plane can be sold out, but only paid seats will show up on the web site.

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, if you do not select your seat you will be given a random seat once you check it. I've been lucky when doing this and usually land an isle seat towards the front of the plane.

In a way yes, if there are a lot of seats that you can not pick then the flight is getting pretty full.

If there are a lot of available seats for picking it could mean an emtpy plane, but it could also be a full plane except no one chose to pick their seats. No real way to tell here.

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good indication of how full the plane is, is try to book a flight using the most possible passengers. I dont think Allegiant oversells, so if it will let you book the max number of passengers, then there should be at least that many seats empty.

6. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allegiants website only allows you to book 9 passengers at a time so that won't work.

7. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It allows you to book 12. 9 adults and 3 children, so it will tell you if there are 12 seats left on the flight or not. Not sure what you mean by it wont work?

8. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oops forgot to include the children. But at only 12 seats all that tells you is that plane is gonna be FULL.

9. nikerbokers

nikerbokers Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I am taking Allegiant tomorrow. For some stupid reason, I checked in today and assigned my husband and I to two middle seats two rows apart from each other. I assume they do this because they want you to pay to seat in an aisle or window.

My question is... even though you are assigned to a middle seat, will they let you move into an empty seat that is an aisle or window elsewhere on the plane?

10. nfcwestbest

nfcwestbest Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes they want you to pay now, or piss you off enough to pay next time you fly with them. You can move to an empty seat if available or Trade with someone if their willing.

11. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup. They purposely assign you so you don't sit next to your travel companion in hopes that your purchase seats next to each other. It's really no big deal, I don't see any reason why you need to sit next to your friend/spouse/lover unless you have some kinda separation anxiety.

My last flight on the way back I was assigned a window seat, and my buddy was assigned a seat 2 rows back with an aisle seat. He asked the lady next to me if she wanted to trade her middle seat for his aisle and within .002 seconds she said hell ya. Why he did this I have no idea as he's 6'3", maybe he's secretly in love with me and wanted to sit next to me, other than that I have no idea why he would do such a thing.

12. nikerbokers

nikerbokers Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Thanks! I actually kind of want to move to any aisle or window seat, doesn't have to be next to the spouse. I just have a hard time sleeping on a plane in the middle seat.

13. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If one of you has an empty seat next to you on their seat map, you can always just pay for 1 seat, and change one of you.

14. nfcwestbest

nfcwestbest Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was lucky enough to be separated from my brother on my last Allegiant flight. I was in the middle seat and selected to sit next to a smokin hot babe in her early twenties in the window seat. She struck up a conversation with me even though im more than twice her age. For the first half hour or so I was her BFF. For the next hour or so she pulled a blanket over her head to get some sleep, not too sure what she was doing under their because on a couple of occassions she was squirming around. So that kept me aroused for the rest of the flight.:wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.