1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant changed their site

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by addicted, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addicted

addicted Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When did this happen? I haven't been on there in a month or so...

I really liked being able to look at the "flight only" costs and see which weekend would be cheaper, now you can't do that.

Bummer

2. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can still see it. Choose flight only and when it shows the results, click "view 30 day calendar". From Bellingham it ranges from $84 to $305 for this month.

3. teacher1

teacher1 Low-Roller

Thanks gambler, I had missed that feature.

4. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't believe how ridiculously inexpensive Allegiant is. By using the monthly view and extending our holiday by one day, I was able to buy tickets for $150 return ($84 return before taxes!!!). I just hope that includes gas for the plane. I have visions of being held hostage on the runway till we all pitch in for fuel.

Last month, my husband and I flew Westjet to Vegas and it cost $450 each. You know what they say about "if it seems too good to be true...". Having never flown with Allegiant, I'm actually a little concerned with such a great price!

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats actually not that good a price when you figure in paying for carry on or checked luggage @ $35 a pop (or more if you gate check). I recently bought from Seattle on Southwest for $136 R/T all in. That includes luggage and no cancellation charge and free soda or coffee.

I used to fly Allegiant when they had $19 or $25 seats each way, but its just not worth it to me anymore with all their add on fee's, and limited frequent flyer program. One thing you really have to watch for with Allegiant, is if your carry on bag is even close to being too big, they will make you check it for an exorbitant fee.

6. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well thanks for bursting my bubble Tatter! Just kidding but that is so true about the baggage fees on Allegiant. There are 4 of us going and since we are light travellers, I booked 2 bags in total for $40 each way when I bought the tickets. I was checking the fine print yesterday and see that if we are over 40 pounds or the suitcase is an inch over size, they will ding us $75 per bag both ways. Ouch!

So long as you can live within their rules, the price is right. But it sounds like they're pretty stringent.

I've never thought of checking Southwest's prices from Seattle. You did get a great deal!

7. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it all depends on the agent how picky they are on bag size. Last time I flew them, it was to PSP, and no problem going down, but coming back, the counter agent insisted on measuring my bag, and the wheels stuck out about 1/2 an inch too far, so it would not fit in the cage thing they measure with. I seriously wanted to take a rock and bash the wheels off. I have flown with that bag as a carry on for years, and many times since with no problems. Also, the agent at the next window was not even looking at bags. He allowed a dozen bags larger than mine while I dinked around with my agent. I finally just paid. What I thought was funny is the lady behind me whispered to me while we were in line that I needed to try to get the male agent, cause the female one was a B*tch. By the time I was done, thats not exactly what I would have like to call her. :)

I watch SW like a hawk out of Seattle, and when they have a sale, I book as many flights as my time allows. That was the best deal I have gotten in a while, besides a recent $118 RT to Ontario, CA on Alaska.

8. addicted

addicted Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    gambler, Ive flown with allegiant plenty and have never had a problem.

9. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it does depend on the agents, i never have a problem in Mcallen but in Vegas i have had some tough situations, one wwas silly and rude, as a I had a carry on that was not full but I left the zipper undone was told to zip or they would take it and charge me. They now charge for carry on, but it is cheaper if you sign up online when you purchase the ticket. When you catch those real cheap cheats no one can compete.

10. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really wish Allegiant had more options out of Rockford. There is only 1 flight and it doesn't get into Vegas until 10pm. A whole day wasted! grrrr. For not much more I think we will fly out of SW in Chicago. My fiance is such a tightwad he actually thought we could share a suitcase to avoid 2 baggage fees. REALLY??? Um... we're going there and getting married.. Did he REALLY think that we could share a suitcase? LOL
    Allegiant also makes me nervous. My fiance is TERRIFIED to fly and I am SHOCKED that I talked him into actually getting on a plane. I am soo nervous there will be issues with the airlines that will send him over the edge. LOL The one time I went to Vegas our plane was first delayed 2 hours; (the other 2 Allegiant flights around our time also had issues, one even had to make a turn right before taking off and everyone on there thought they were going to die! yikes)anyways, so 2 hours late we finally get going, only to get to the Grand Canyon and have to turn around. (so technically I've been to Vegas twice!) We finally got home FOUR hours late and received a standing ovation from the passengers waiting to go to Vegas.. lol I think SW would be a better option for a terrified and (hopefully) drugged finace. LOL

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.