1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant bags

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mikeyvegas1, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Found a great price for a flight with allegiant I don't even mind the fee for a carry on bags, but they have size restrictions and my smallest carry on bag is 1.5 inches taller and maybe a half inch to wide and if I don't fill it full I can meet the thickness dimension. Will this be ok or should I just bring a Gym bag?

Sons 21st birthday trip
  2. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oooh....they are picky and want the extra dollars out of you to check your bag. It's only another $11.00? to check a big bag....I'd just take the chance. I fly out of Bellingham WA often, Sometimes with a carry on, sometimes with checked. 50/50 for me. I have seen people unloading their checked bag, wearing all their clothes to meet the width when they do their pre-checks sometimes prior to boarding. Allegiant is ruthless though. I fly them cause they are inexpensive and I put my trust in GOD we actually take off and land.

3. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen them measuring carry ons at the LV airport. Pay the $11 or you could very likely get socked for a lot more.

4. sergi0wned

sergi0wned Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They haven't checked the size of the free personal item in my experience, so you could consider loading up one of those pretty big and bringing that in conjunction with your gym bag if you don't want to pay the $11 extra for a checked bag.

Here was how big I stuffed my personal item last trip:

[​IMG]

5. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on the airport personnel. I fly out of Mcallen Tx. never a problem and I see people with huge bags! I have been hasseled in LV telling me to zip up the bag or they would charge me!

6. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok there are 3 of us going I think we will probably just do 2 checked bags and not worry about it.

Sons 21st birthday trip
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.