1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant Air (What To Expect)

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by RedRiverRose, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying to Vegas Monday on Allegiant Air. Can anyone tell me their experience with Allegiant? It's my first time flying Allegiant. Seems like they charge for everything. I was so happy to get tickets for $56 each way but by the time we paid for seats, carry ons, luggage, priority boarding, trip flex (and breathing LOL) it was quite a bit more. My husband has a disability so I don't know what to expect.

Hope they got the slides repaired that grounded half the fleet a week or so ago.

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've flown with them about 5 times now. I've had 1 major delay that was like 4 hours long and a couple that were 30-60 min long. Other than that I havnt had any major issues with them.

They do charge for everything but most of it is a waste of money. I don't buy seat selection, no priority boarding, and no trip flex. For my upcoming trip all I bought was my ticket and 1 carryon bag for a whopping total of $144, it was to good of a deal to pass up.

I'm pretty sure most of their planes are back in operation. I had a friend fly to Vegas earlier this week and she said there were no delays at all. I fly out Monday as well, enjoy your trip and good luck!

3. joshcox19

joshcox19 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've flown Allegiant about once every other month for 2 years now. Essentially as long as you understand that you are getting what you paid for and ONLY what you paid for, you should be happy.

Don't expect high quality service, great customer service, or anything like that because you didn't pay for it. That being said, I love Allegiant and try to fly them as often as possible when I can save some $$

4. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks and good luck to you as well.

5. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I am so scared of flying I won't expect too much as rigor will set in as soon as they shut the door. Was just wondering how they work with disabled passengers getting on and off.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. Since it is a direct flight, things should be fairly simple. They are just like every other airline when it comes to someone with an obvious disibility, those passengers typically are allowed to board early and exit the plane last to allow for any assitance needed (wheelchair, etc.)

Just let the gate agent know that your husband has a disability and they will be glad to assist you.

Now.. in regards to Allegiant, I haven't flown them in several years, but I ALWAYS took a snack in my backpack and grabbed something to drink out of an airport vending machine to have something to munch/drink on the plane without paying for a water or anything from the flight attendant. I also took my own entertainment, as their planes do not have movies or any other frills.

7. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Shock. I think Allegiant will be ok but my concern is what side of the bed the TSA folks will get up on that day.

8. jackincols

jackincols Guest

I fly Allegiant twice a year from Roanoke to Tampa. It's usually not a problem because it's only a 1 1/2 hr flight. The big problem Allegiant has is their limited fleet of planes in case of breakdowns. This happened to me on one of the Tampa flights. The flight coming out of Clearwater had mechanical problems and I sat in Roanoke a full 12 hrs before another plane arrived.:grrr: Sure hope nothing like that happens to you.

9. mckevin32

mckevin32 Low-Roller

Yep, it's strictly a cattle car. They (usually) get you from point a to point b cheaply and delays, while not frequent, can be incredibly long. If the price is right I'll do it, but by the time my wife and I each check a bag I can usually get comparable rates from Southwest.

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I'm late to the party and you've already went...
    But we always fly from Stockton -> Vegas on Allegiant
    It's always CHEAP and the flight itself is only an hour (wheels up to wheels down)
    It's literally like taking the City Bus, but hey, for $100 round-trip and for only an hour...I can handle it.

Palace Tower Suite!
  11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never flown Allegiant, but have flown Spirit, which is basically the same (only a little better on time numbers) but I seen this the other night on TV and it is very true:

[YOUTUBE]ZMbhgs4N1os[/YOUTUBE]

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  12. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is a no frills airline, I only pay for carry on. It seems like it might have been as cheap for you to use SWest, my son has had more delays using Spirit out of Dallas than I have had using Allegiant out of McAllen.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.