1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

All Golf All the Time 2.0

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Playing Tarandowah tomorrow. British open style links course in SW Ontario.

It is an interesting juxtaposition. From the clubhouse and the green fees and drive up, you'd expect a typical farmer's field duffers course.

But it was designed and build to be a top end course. Giant beautiful greens, good length and design. It just sort of got trapped in the middle due to location, and being a challenging track. Thus it is perennially one of the best values in Ontario golf.

Last few times I have played it well. Not much water or forest and only 3 ob holes, so when the fescue is dry and thin it can really be a bombers heaven.

3. ken2v

The pics look nice. And it does have a links-y look to it. Have fun. I'm playing La Purisima tomorrow afternoon. Then a fundraiser tourney for the Y on Friday! I love fundraiser auctions up here because there is so much good wine. :drunk: Oh, the golf is fun, too.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played last week and had 3 birdies. Played last night and had 2 pars and zero birds. Stupid game.

5. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [Brag alert.] Made my 13th all-time eagle Saturday. Been basking in the satisfaction of a perfectly played hole ever since.

6. ken2v

Well done, Mr. K!!

7. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had my best ever round score-wise last Saturday at Elkins Ranch. Not the longest course and fairly flat, but water if your not careful, and trees lining both sides of most fairways. 6 bogeys, 2 birdies, rest Pars for a 75 (par is 71). Funny thing is that it did not feel great as I was going along, just knew that I was making par on most holes. Finished in 3 hours flat as we were the first group off. Wasn't doing anything spectacular, just consistent. Actually missed a few birdie putts inside of 10' that could have made the round better................

8. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! Congrats! (Funny how no matter how well you play, there's always that "...and it coulda been lower if...")

9. ken2v

Yes, FBI? I'd like to report a kidnapping.

10. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    warming up for our trip, lol

- - - Updated - - -

playing a quick round this Saturday at SH if anyone is in town........................

11. ken2v

Shinnecock Hills? I am SO in!!

Hello, Jet Blue? I need to get to JFK, stat.

12. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Primm Desert or Lakes? or are both worth a play?

13. ken2v

I've gone back/forth, forth/back over the years. I "heard" Desert hasn't been quite as well kept up over the years, but that and nickel might just leave you with five cents and not much more. I have Lakes set for us that Friday if you can get up then.

14. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What time? I'm driving to Vegas Saturday but could possibly go Friday night if Southern Highlands is a possibility.

15. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a couple of years, but played both one afternoon. Condition was about equal on both tracks - this was in late December, however, so dormant grass is a factor! Still a toss up to which side I like better??

Just missing you guys - I'm in Vegas last week of July! (crazy people - playing in the heat - being from Canada the temperature adjustment is scary!)

16. ken2v

Too bad. Close but not close enough. And this guy from where it is about 68 degrees max average through the year is gonna fry baby fry!

17. bobby jones

bobby jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tarandowwah was designed by Martin hawtree. It's in the middle of nowhere farmland in SW Ontario and a treat to play for fans of li is golf. Generally prefer links golf by the sea but this hits the mark.

I'm off to play Essex tomorrow, a Don Ross course in Windsor which has hosted the Cnd Open but, sadly obsolete to today's bitters. Following that up with a round outside Detroit at Shepherds Hollow.

Sadly, had to cancel Cabot due to our new house closing. Always next year. I can't complain though with my four rounds in Scotland this year: Turnberry, Gullane, North Berwick and Irvine:)

18. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's usually how my better rounds go, hitting greens in regulation and not three putting. I may not be making a ton of birdies but avoiding a blowup hole or two is key. The last time I had at least 4 birdies in a round I still ended up at 83, the last time I shot in the 70's I think I only had one or two birdies.

19. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can let you know tomorrow as course was closed today so could not confirm my tee time yet. Will be early - 8 am 'ish. I will email you tomorrow to coordinate.

20. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the 10 reasons. I can apply about 7 to my everyday golfing - ex. no range, no practice swing, walking, no stopping, playing special 'games' alternate shot, (the dogs on course thing could be tough!) - and I'm spoiled and don't want slow(er) greens - they are bad for my score!

And on a total non-related topic, my (brag) time --> I've been even or under par for the past 8 rounds (including three courses that were new to me). I really am waiting for the bubble to burst - this is the longest good-golfing streak I've ever been on. It sure makes golfing fun --> everything is so easy it seems (then reality will kick in). There goes my 5 handicap! New irons = more distance + accuracy this season + new wedges = lower scores!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.