1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Alaska air questions

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by karens625, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually fly Southwest to Vegas. Love that I can change without a fee and that it includes 2 checked bags. But the day I am leaving for Vegas in May I have to work. Probably until 2PM. The only nonstop flight out is at 9pm, arrive at 11PM. So started checking other airlines and Alaska Air has a 440 flight. To be in Vegas by 640, sounds so much better. Price isn't bad. If I check a bag it's $25. Includes carry on.
    My question? Do their prices fluctuate like Southwest? After further reading, I believe that they have the same policy as Southwest, that you can book and then rebook if the prices go down, but it has to be the same flight. Did I read that right? Would so much rather arrive earlier. Anyone know? TIA

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://www.alaskaair.com/content/deals/special-offers/price-guarantee.aspx

Yes, the prices change. If they drop, you can go to their website, type in your confirmation code & they'll give you credit for the difference. It's very easy. BUT that has to be for exactly the same flights. Sometimes there are cheaper fares on other flights on the same route, and that doesn't count for this.

Only 2nd trip for year :(
  4. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! Just wanted to confirm. I found it on a google search, but never can find it on there website, so just wanted to confirm. I am only interested in the one flight, so I don't have to worry if another will go down.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Google does not always mean you can BOOK the flight they show. If you really want the flight and can actually book it, then do it. Make POSITIVE it is direct, no stops.
    Prices go up and down, but mostly up.

6. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I meant to say that I found the policy on a google search. The flight I want is actually on the website. With Southwest, I know how much to pay. With Alaska, I just don't know.

7. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I had to do the "Ask Jenn" thing to find the price guarantee link. It's normally on the front page of their site, but they recently "refreshed" everything and so it wasn't as easy to find.

If you do find you can take an earlier flight, they offer same day confirmed changes for $25. Or you could always just fly standby to get on an earlier flight (the same day) with no extra charge. https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/at-the-airport/same-day-flight-changes.aspx

Only 2nd trip for year :(
  8. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Great information. I would love to leave earlier. If I somehow can get my work schedule to change, its good to know.

9. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly with Alaska very frequently. They're probably the #1 most customer friendly airline company along with Southwest. Like others mentioned, no change/cancellation fee when cancelling 60 days out from your travel date. You get a credit for future travel NOT a refund to your credit card. Also, you can request a fare difference in case the flight you booked becomes cheaper at a later date. This difference will be given to you as a travel credit.

10. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great! That makes me feel much better. Now I can book the rest of my travel. Thank you!

11. curtzo604

curtzo604 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This it true... I pretty much fly nothing but Alaska from BLI when I go to Vegas.

Staff is awesome. I also like the fact that if I am with my wife, and we each have a bag, we ask about upgrading to 1st class at the airport. It's $50/pp and includes up to two bags each. A checked bag is $25. So, the way we look at it, is that for $25 more, we get first class, drinks, a real meal and service that is 2nd to none...

Have a great trip!

12. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my flight to Vegas on Alaska. And first class went down, so I jumped on that. For those exact same reasons. Can check my luggage. And drinks. Ends up being only a few dollars more. Thanks everyone!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.