1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Alamo convertibles

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by S'AllGoodMan, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked a convertible from Alamo for our oct trip. It lists a ford mustang or similar. It's the or similar I'm concerned about... Anyone have any knowledge of what other options they have?

Beth

2. allustoms

allustoms Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard they have a lot of Sebrigs, but you could end up with a PT Cruiser or VW.

We've got a convertible booked but haven't decided if we want to take a chance on getting something small.

3. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was my fear. I've driven several sebrings and they've been sluggish with rough transmissions and the other 2 just aren't in the same class...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  4. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked with Alamo too. I am holding a reservation for a convertible and a midsized SUV. I could not believe that they were cheaper than a Compact for my dates. I used the Costco ID (I am a member) and a coupon code for $35 off. I have it booked for 7 days for $169.63 (Convertible) and for the SUV $168.88. Those are the totals, including all taxes. I am still not sure which I will go with so I am holding both. So far the convertible has gone down a couple of times so I cancelled and rebooked. I just noticed it went up a $1.00 today. I hope by the time I leave it will get even cheaper.
    I have the Premium Insurance thru my American Express card, so I only pay $25 total for the entire time I am renting for Primary insurance on the rental car. My own car insurance will cover the liability. I did call to be sure they covered the convertible or the SUV and I was told they did. Many of the credit cards do not cover certain vehicles. Always check to be sure you are covered.

5. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KC, I get the emails from Amex about that car rental insurance so thanks for letting me know that premium cars are covered. I was thinking of getting it if we go with the convertible.

I've got a rate of $181 for the week. Ill try through costcos and see if the rate is better, also a member (love costcos).

Thanks for the info

Beth

6. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beth,

Go to ALAMO's web site and enter the following:

Use the Costco ID code 7014627 It takes up 25% off. This is the Costco code from the Costco Travel Site.

Enter Coupon Code AD2359FDF for and additional $35 off. (Minimum 5 day rental and keeping a Saturday night). This Coupon is an Alamo coupon and does not need to be printed.

I just use the Kiosk to check in. No hassel with the lines or desk. Simple to use and then I just head up the stairs for the rental car. It is a breeze.

Once you sign up and register your American Express cards for the Premium Insurance you are charged the $25 only when you rent a car using your Amex. You must put the entire rental on your card. I believe the $25 covers 30 or 45 days max (per single rental). I feel better knowing I have coverage and at $25 Total for the entire rental, I feel like a winner.

Good luck!

7. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats what I have too for October. No clue what that might be.:beer:

8. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks KC. I think that's the coupon code I used along with my insiders number. I'll see what the Costco code will do and let you all know.

I'll definitely signup for the rental insurance with Amex.

9. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just called Alamo Las Vegas 702-263-8411 and spoke with the Alamo operator. She said they have Chrysler 200, Ford Mustang and Camaro Convertibles. She advised me that it all depends on the day and time. She did say they had more Mustangs and Camaros but there is no guarantee as to what will be there when you pick up the car.

10. elbee309

elbee309 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We rented a convertible from Alamo in March, a Mustang or similar. When we got there, mustang wasn't available. We were given the choice of a Saab or Camaro. We took the Camaro and were very satisfied with it.

11. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last month my options were Chrysler 200 and Mitsubishi eclipse. They had about 3 or 4 of each. No mustangs or camaros in sight. I took the eclipse. It was more similar to a ford focus than a mustang. If I had it to do over again, I'd take the 200. I've driven mustangs and camaros. Big difference.

12. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. We don't go until oct 20, but I'll update what we got when I get home.

KC, thanks for calling. I was thinking about doing that today.

Beth

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  13. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOVE this site!!! And thank you Kcitsme as I was able to use the Alamo coupon and just saved more on our October rental. People on here are the greatest!

14. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the same situation at Alamo for a rental on Oct 22. Convertible and mid size SUV were both cheaper than a compact. I can't really imagine why. Anyone have any ideas?

15. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there going to be convertibles available in mid november? Alot of rental agencies get rid of them when the weather changes

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  16. JerryVO

JerryVO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dollar is running a $49 / day convertible special on their home page. And +1 on the amex insurance. It even covered my Lamborghini rental last trip for only $25.

17. nabby81

nabby81 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup: Just booked with that offer ..thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.