1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

alamo car rental price drop

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mikeinct, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WiscoVacay

WiscoVacay Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Such great advice from you all!

Question about Hotwire "Hot Rates"... what's the deal with those? You don't get to see which rental company it's thru, of course.. is it guaranteed to be thru a major rental company? Never went for one of those before, but right now they've got Hot Rates at $140 including all taxes/fees for an Economy for our time period and similarly reasonable Hot Rates all the way up to Full-Size. Is it a pretty safe risk to take?

2. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just my own opinion, but I would never never never book a car in advance through any site where it was not refundable or cancellable. I can pretty much always beat their prices myself. That said, if you dont have the time or knowledge to keep looking and using coupons and corp codes, then go ahead.

3. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

I can only comment on my experience but anytime I've used Hotwire(at least 5 times) I've always gotten a major car company. Specifically in Las Vegas I got Thrifty last time. Have also received National , Enterprise and Alamo outside of Las Vegas.

4. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

Prices (at Thrifty anyway) started going down today for July(only $20 difference since yesterday on total but it's a good sign),start checking a few times a day. Prices may start to drop each day again.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.