1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

alamo car rental price drop

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mikeinct, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeinct

mikeinct Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just changed my rental at alamo 9 days in july, compact car price was 340.00 now 185.00. I might get a better price later, but this is less than I paid last year.

2. ballhog

ballhog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a nice savings. Seems like the prices dropped for July. Last week I booked July-3-9th, cheapest I found was thrifty $229. 2 days ago, I rebooked at $169, I saw your post and checked again, it was $161.

3. steveorama

steveorama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a Costo card w/Amex Its still alamo - try booking with that. I got a rate the same as Priceline/Hotwire without prepaying with no cancel refund.
    Also the Amex insurance deal for $25 per rental period is great deal on primary insurance too.

4. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup and keep checking back often. I've looked at it, was $200, half hour later is was $100 and then a half hour after that it was back up over $200. Prices fluctuate all over the place.

5. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any good codes?

6. weas

weas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the codes in the ACG AD7779SDW and 7015000, so far have my 4 day rental 7-6 to 7-10 down to $93.00 for a full size.

Last year when I used the ACG codes they required the coupon.

7. Rush

Rush High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You want a lower price? Make your pick/drop times on the half hour instead of on the hour, and you'll save money almost every time!

:beer:

8. mikeinct

mikeinct Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Steve,thanks for the heads up on amex rental insurance.I looked it up and registered ,so i guess I'm covered when I rent a car and use my amex.I never get insurance but for 25.00 its worth peace of mind.

9. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked with alamo for 8 days got it for $155 - I think this is excellent but I am leery since it says "estimated cost $155" -but looking at the break down looks like they have all the taxes, surcharges, etc. on there so not sure what else they may try to stick me with (they always push getting the insurance pretty heavily but I never cave on that). I may call and see if they can tell me. If they can't tell me I may look at other companies to see if I can even get close to the $155.

10. RedRock702

RedRock702 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was finally able to get a decent price of 164 for my Jun 29 - Jul 5 trip.

I used coupon code AD2338FDF.

It also helps to be an "Alamo Insider" and sign up for their club.

I tend to like Alamo the best because you can hit the kiosk and literally within 3 minutes be up the steps picking out your car, it's just that fast!

11. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there 2 weeks ago and there was no line but all agents were busy. Except one nice older fellow standing out in front of the counter, asked me if I had reservations already and then walked me over to a kiosk. He ended up doing the whole thing for me, LOL.
    I usually avoid the self-check lines in the grocery store and stuff because I figure they aren't giving me a discount to do the checker's job but that Alamo kiosk was awfully fast and easy. :beer:

12. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alamo price drop

Alamo continues to drop prices. I rebooked today for 6-2 thru 6-7 with the coupon AD4236JDA contract Amex 7014291. Total price $129.56. I also took the advice from the board to add the extra rental car insurance on my Amex. Really a good deal. I appreciate all the wonderful information you all provide. I can hardly wait for June 2nd.

13. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

FYI -also Thrifty and Dollar have cut prices for July to LAS.

My 9 day in July with Thrifty for a compact car is now down to $169 all in.

Dollar and Alamo were a little higher for the same car.

I'm going to keep checking it may go lower.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  14. Snickers

Snickers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got Enterprise booked from July 3rd to 10th for about $160 with everything included but will watch to rebook. Odd thing was that it is a midsoze which was a couple of dollars cheeaper than compact so I grabbed it quick. THey have always been fast and great for us.

15. popcornoholic

popcornoholic Low-Roller

I've been having trouble with Alamo the past few days. I'm trying to check-in for my reservation starting this Friday and its not letting me. Keeps saying the coupon is no longer available. I made the reservation using a coupon code and it took it fine then. But as soon as I try and enter my reservation number it's giving me that message. That shouldn't have anything to do with checking in!

16. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just thought I would mention trying a search on carrentalsavers.com for your rental.

they automatically add in the best coupon/discount codes for you.

I found some awesome deals on there.

17. Rush

Rush High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AAA members get a nice price break with Thrifty right now.

I have a Th-Tue Standard car for $125 May 23-28

18. weas

weas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Alamo Resv. Dropped again

Now down to $84.35 for 4 day rental 7/6 to 7/10 full size car using ACG coupon.

19. Ronoh

Ronoh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rarely rent a car as most of my vacations are to Disney with the kids so I have to ask, where are you guys finding these prices? I am going 2nd week of September on a Sun(6pm)-Sat(2pm) and can't break under $300 for inter/full ($220 for compact I think). I have tried carrentals, carrentalsavers and all the standard sites.

Am I missing something or do I just have to wait a couple more months for prices to drop for September?

20. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alamo prices

Alamo prices are all over the place. I rebooked my trip two days ago and the price is back up to $260.00 today. You just have to hit it at the right time and continue to check regularly. Usually about three weeks or so before you are planning to rent the prices go down. Keep checking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.