1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aladdin & LV Hilton 9/29 - 10/5

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LVRon, Oct 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LVRon

LVRon Well-Known Member

My Trip Report

I am not good at writing trip reports, so I'll just give a few details that I can remember.

1. The flight - Plane went up, plane went down. No problems with changing planes in Denver on trip to or from Las Vegas.

2. Dollar Car Rental - Smooth as silk. Rented a full size, but they had a PT Cruiser on the lot, so we grabbed it. After one day of driving it, we took it back because the seats were just too hard for my back. They upgraded us to a 2003 Sebring convertible! Now that is how to cruise the strip! Top down and music blasting!

3. Hotels - First four nights at the Aladdin. The Resort Vista room was amazing. My wife and I both liked it better than the room we had last year at the Venetian. She LOVED sitting in the DEEP soaking tub and watching the Bellagio fountains (window butts up to tub) while the TV over the tub was tuned in. They had a PC in the room, but I promised her I would stay off the internet while in LV [​IMG] Cordless phone, couch, another TV and 4 large strip view windows in bedroom area.

Bathroom also had a separate large shower, water closet and vanity area.

I called housekeeping for a egg crate mattress pad and they brought us a very nice down filled bed topper. The room was super clean and didn't smell of smoke, even though it was a smoking room.

Room was located on the very top (23rd floor, room 179) of the North wing that protrudes towards the strip. We didn't hear a thing from anyone in this room.

Thursday we moved to the Las Vegas Hilton. Nice room, but nothing special. Was larger than we expected, but the bathroom was very small. We were in room 14-120 with a nice view of the city. Bed was hard and they didn't have any padding.

Food - We burned up the buffet lines. Orleans 3 times, Gold Coast, Aladdin and Gren Valley Ranch. All were excellent, but the GVR was the best we have ever had. Did some other dining, but nothing fancy. LVHilton's $5.95 steak special was out of this world!

Side trips - Valley of Fire, Mt. Charleston, downtown, Henderson.

Things we did - Big Elvis, Scintas, Ronn Lucas, Star Trek Experience, IMAX at the Luxor, NASCAR and Speed at the Sahara, Manhatten Express at NYNY, various lounge acts, beer drinking and naughtyness [​IMG]

I did get asked for a date at Harrah's bar Friday night. I told her thanks, but I didn't think my wife would approve. She told me to go ask her :laugh:

Well that's it in a nutshell. I know I left out alot of stuff and maybe it will all come back to me, or maybe not.

2. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, Ron, sounds like you had a nice trip! That room at the Aladdin sounded wonderful, but at first I was wondering what a window butt was? [​IMG]

So, what did you think of "the big tent" (DIA)? Doesn't it look weird when you're flying in?

What did you see at the IMAX?

3. handlebar

handlebar Low-Roller

Good report Ron. I made my husband come in and read it this is the type of report he likes to read to the point. Especiallt #1 about the plane ride. LOL [​IMG]

4. LVRon

LVRon Well-Known Member

We were at DIA long enough to rush from one plane to another. I don't even remember looking out the windows [​IMG]

The Resort Vista room was an excellent room at an excellent price.

5. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

Glad to hear you had a good time. I'm happy you enjoyed the Aladdin. Let us know when you have pics of your room on your site.

6. Little Bob

Little Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LV Ron, How did you like the Scintas? Big Bob

7. LVRon

LVRon Well-Known Member

Big Bob,

The Scintas was a GREAT show. One of the very best we have ever seen in Las Vegas. I was glad we didn't make the mistake of skipping this show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.