1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Alabama newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Yellowhammer, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yellowhammer

Yellowhammer Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning on making my first trip out to Vegas for my birthday and need hotel advice

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board. Give us more info...when, what are your preferences and what is important to you. Folks will start posting help & info. :)

3. Yellowhammer

Yellowhammer Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going from oct 20-24 and looking to stay in a mid strip hotel. I would be will to spend up to about 150/per and it's weekday night so would probably like to stay in a nice hotel. Also love to eat out at good restaurants. As far as gambling, I like slots and would like to try my hand at blackjack, but kinda intimidated by it.

4. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mom....I didn't know you were on VMB!

Momma...I'm surprised to see you here!

LOL Just teasing Yellowhammer. My mom and I (also from Alabama) are going to Las Vegas around the same time frame for my birthday! We're staying at Bally's (mom loves a bargain) and going to do some serious micro-rolling. Welcome to the messageboard. It's addictive! :beer: (Those are apple juices for my mom!)

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome Yellowhammer. The weeknights will certainly help you but the time of year might be working against you – there are often a fair number of conventions in the fall. You might be able to get something like Aria at that $150 price point – that would be my first choice if you could do it within budget. You will almost certainly be able to get Mirage for that amount. Paris and Planet Hollywood might be worth looking at as well. Remember to factor in resort fees when figuring what a room is going to cost you (here’s the list: https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58770)

I love blackjack. But, I do know that it can be intimidating your first time. There are countless sites out there to help you with everything from basic strategy to etiquette to tipping. Get a little knowledge under your belt and then go for it. If you read old posts here, I think you’ll find that pretty much everyone who has finally tried blackjack/craps/etc. ends up wondering why they took so long to do it. The dealers and other players are almost always very helpful and welcoming. So, go for it.

6. rayrat

rayrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blackjack for the first time IS intimidating. And crps? Whew! Been there and done that, but niw love those games. Just be yourself and go for it. You'll be glad you did!:cheers:

7. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second this, take a few hours and read some "how to" guides on the internet. Once you get some knowledge go throw your money down on a table and start playing. Almost every dealer will help you out and alot of players will too. I'm no pro by any means, but I have no problem helping out a new player at the table.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.