1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airport to Four Queens

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Matty Ice, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matty Ice

Matty Ice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm arriving late (11pm) on a Wednesday night in November. What's the best, and by best I mean cheapest, way to get from McCarran to Four Queens at that time?

Thanks!

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheapest would be the WAX bus, but the last departure from McCarran on a weekday is 11:18PM.
    At that time of night, I would break down and get a cab. No tunnel and take Paradise.
    Other option is a Bell type shuttle, but crap, you could waste an hour or more on that if you don't get one that is heading directly downtown without Strip hotel stops.

Christmas
  3. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those shuttles are really evil.
    I had bad experience with them.
    Once, there were like 12 seats total, 11 people already in, the driver just didn't go.
    He waited another 45 minutes until next passenger came in to fill the last seat.

Another time, I went to TI, they put me into a shuttle supposedly going to mid-north strip.
    After the shuttle full, we were on road. The driver went through the tunnel and I thought he wanted to use the high way. Nice.
    Guess what, he went to South Point to drop off a passenger. Then dropped another one at Delano,
    then another one at Hooters, then next one at Orleans, holy sh**t. Almost 2 hours later I finally arrived at TI.

Never do that again! Even a bad taxi driver with long haul is better than those shuttles.

4. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try the Bell Trans shared VIP limo. $38 return and chances are you won't have to share.

5. yooperguy

yooperguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential limo. Run ya about $100 plus for an hour of sightseeing the strip at night. You're gonna piss it away on some shitty slot machine anyway, might as well take a couple passes on the boulevard, drink the free vinegar champagne, turn up the tunes, and roll up to your hotel like a boss. Don't forget to tip your driver. Do it right, son.

6. Matty Ice

Matty Ice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys! If I make it in time, I'll try to catch the WAX. I have a question on the shared VIP limo Flusher. I'm staying 4 nights downtown and then 2 nights on the strip. Would Bell Trans still do a roundtrip?

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After you collect your luggage, head downstairs to where all the limos are parked. As you walk out the door, turn right and walk to the benches. That is the bus stop. Make sure you catch the WAX (Westcliff Express) bus. $2.

Christmas
  8. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You probably couldn't make the WAX in time...so, if there are two or more in your group, take a limo...hell, even if it's just you, I would go to the limo area and ask if any of them are interested in taking you to 4-Queens for $40 total (including tip). You may be surprised...I've done this in the past on a late-night arrival.
    If there are no takers, then grab a cab & tell him "4-Queens - no tunnel, no strip, no freeway". Fare should be about $30...give him $35 (or $40, if you don't want to wait for the $5 in change).

Seems like forever from now, but the flights are booked, so it counts!
  9. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I was able to arrange drop-off and pick-up at different properties.

10. Matty Ice

Matty Ice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Joe! My flight actually comes in at 10:30, but I'm flying Spirit so there will probably be a delay. I'm just brining a carry on, so I can head right to the stop to hopefully catch the WAX. After one night at Four Queens, I'm heading over to your Home Base - MSS for 3 nights. :thumbsup:

Thanks topcard! It's just me, but if I can't make it to the WAX in time, it would be pretty sweet to roll downtown in a Limo for 40 bucks especially since it's the same price for a cab.

Thanks Flusher! I'll look into that and hope to get my first Royal this trip. :peace:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.