1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airport to Downtown Via 95?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Reverb, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reverb

Reverb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody ask their cab to take Tropicana east to 95 north to get to downtown? I came back to the airport once this way via hotel limo and my driver said it's a nice alternative either way. A bit longer, but you avoid all the possible traffic jams on the more western routes. Thinking about asking my cab driver to do this when I arrive next Thursday.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure... why not? The long-haul abolitionists will have a heart-attack, as you're adding distance to the trip, but 95 never seems to have the congestion issues the 15 or the surface streets can sometimes encounter. It certainly is a "round-about' way to get there though.

3. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the time of day for most routes. I-15 will be quickest unless it is between 6AM-9AM and 3PM-6PM IMHO

4. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd also take a look at the WAX. It's only $2 from the airport to the Walgreens downtown, and it takes just about the same amount of time as the taxi. I took it my last trip, and it wasn't bad at all. Just a bunch of us degenerates getting on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.