1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airport rental car pickup

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by thimus, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thimus

thimus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, weird question, but I can't find the answer. I remember reading somewhere that certain car rental companies have counters in the actual airport, rather than in the rent-a-car center. When I made my rental reservation (Alamo) it said "counter at airport, shuttle to car at airport" or something like that. I had make a prior reservation through another company (then canceled), and it said shuttle to rent-a-car center. So is Alamo not in the rental center?

My first reservation was through Fox because it was cheap, but after reading so many bad reviews, I changed it.

2. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ High-Roller

Alamo is at the rental center. Take the free shuttle to the counter or use the kiosk if you're an Alamo Insider (and you should join if you're not already a member). There are no rental car counters at the airport as far as I know.

3. thimus

thimus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, shuttle bus (cattle car) to the rental center. Then do the counter or the quick check depending on company and your membership.

Though we were using a car less and less, the addition of the shuttle meant we stopped renting all together.

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just rented from Alamo last week. Sign up for their express program, enter your driver license info and bypass the counter. Head to the cars and pick your car from the class of car you selected. The shuttle is about 10 minutes drive from the airport.

6. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!
    Used Avis Preferred and Alamo Express both. Avis has a board with your name and which bay your car is at. Alamo as described above. Only way to go!

HEY NOW! NYE in AC!!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.