1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airport ground 0 to 4 Queens Hotel downtown

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by GOLF CADDY 1, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOLF CADDY 1

GOLF CADDY 1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where do you get the Airport Express from airport to downtown. I used to ride the 108 but I know that has changed. Please advise. thank you

2. teacher1

teacher1 Low-Roller

When you get to baggage claims, look for the escalators/elevators near the middle of the area--go down one story (to the Zero Level), exit the building through the doors directly in front of you. When you are outside, you will see an area where hotel shuttles park for pickups. Bear to the right, and at the end of the line will be the bus stop. Benches, a covering, and posted bus schedules. You are looking for the WAX Northbound.

Done it numerous times, still have to ask direction to the zero level from time to time--don't know why. Love the WAX, never crowded, 25-30 min to Downtown. You will need $2/person exact change, run it in the machine, no ticket given. The only issue is that it typically runs about once an hour. That never bothers us, but it is an issue for some.

You will exit at 4th and Carson-- the Walgreens at the end of Fremont Street Experience. Just walk past The D to 4Qs.

3. Cheap G

Cheap G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done it 4 times. $2 is a lot better than the $40 cab ride I did once. Never again.

4. aaisack

aaisack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The WAX bus stops at both terminal 1 and terminal 3. I've been confused before. Both terminals require you to go down to the baggage claim level. You should see signs directing you towards public transportation inside the terminal. One of the terminals (not sure which one) has a covered bus stop, it's to the right of bagged claim as you exit the building. The other one just has a generic stop. It's to the left of the shuttle service / cab line.

Once you get on it's a short ride downtown. Certainly beats giving 40 bucks to a crooked or insane Vegas cab driver (at least 50% of Vegas cabbies fall into one or both of those categories).

5. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not surprisingly, the teacher delivered a perfect lesson.

The only thing that I might add is the schedule: www.rtcsnv.com

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.