1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airport --> Downtown Transportation

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by rdunc311, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdunc311

rdunc311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

Will be arriving on a Wednesday night around 10 PM and will need transportation from the airport to downtown for a stay at the 4 Queens. There will be 4 in our party. Do you suggest taking a taxi, or would it be worth the extra money to pay for a sedan or limo? Not sure how long the waits are for taxis late at night.

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With 4, I would take a taxi, tell him no tunnel, take paradise, if it was only you I would take the bus.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are adventurous, take the bus for $2.00 each. With 4 it is cheaper to take a taxi. I paid about $25 from Ogden at Gold Spike to the airport via Paradise in March. Add tip and split 4 ways and it is about the same price as a shuttle.

Jimbo338

4. teacher1

teacher1 Low-Roller

We almost always take the bus, partly because we get the senior discount and it costs us all of two bucks; and, in addition, we do find it a bit of an adventure. But having said that, I'd recommend a taxi---it will just be more convenient and quicker. It should cost you about the price of a shuttle when you multiply by the four of you. I have no experience with limos etc. Have a great trip.

5. Amy

Amy Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have tried the shuttle, taxi and bus. The bus works best for us for the price and consistency.

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer the bus, myself. It is simple, easy to board, cheap, comfortable and roomy, and FAST. Last bus I believe is at 11:03pm so if you arrive on time and get your luggage without a problem you should make it on time and without a long wait.

Jimbo338

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tal a cab, I would take the tunnel because its all freeway.

of you take the side streets you can hit light after light

I suggest actually asking to take the tunnel so you will know what it feels like.

Sort of like playing dont at the craps table. feels good to be naughty sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.