1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airport bartender pay

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had time to kill before our flight and ended up at a bar/restaurant at McCarran. Doesn't matter which one since they are all run by HMS Host.

Anyway, we had a bartender who was kind of stream of conciseness type of person. If he thought it, he spoke it out loud to no one in particular. At one point he's talking to himself about only 4 more hours to go and he says he is making $15.95 per hour and a raise coming next month.

Assuming he is full time, that's $33k+ per year! Add in the tips and this guy isn't doing too bad for a bartender.

We have several friends who are bartenders and cocktail waitresses and I have a ballpark idea of what they make in tips. And at the airport, there is very little dead time.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  2. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And if you are a good bartender you can only imagine. However it is hard work!

3. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No doubt it is hard work. On your feet all day long and having to put up with angry, tired travelers, but they do always seem to tip well. We're the no stress type travelers who get to the airport 2+ hours ahead of time, so we spend plenty of time in airport bars observing.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.