1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airline experts needed.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dvandentop, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So flying to vegas on st pattys day. I want try to get an earlier flight but allegiant doesnt have more then 1 flight per day. I am sched to leave 9pm.

I can get a frontier one way ticket for $107 including all taxes and arriver 12 hrs earlier.

Anyone know what happens if i dont show for allegiant flight oyt there but do still want flight for way back???

Allegiants site just says if you want to cancel 1 leg of flight you must cancel the whole trip and rebook a one way for the leg you still want.

I am thinking just forgett that leave the ticket how it is and just book the cheap frontier.

I have heard some airlines if you dont show for 1st flight will cancel your whole itinerary.

Thanks

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No expert here, but we didn't show for one leg of a United flight and they cancelled our return. BIG surprise at the airport the morning of.:poke:

Christmas
  3. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eeek deff want to avoid that and dang return flight is about as i paid for rd trip so guess i am stuck with just keeping original flight. From sounds of their policies.

Since i work for myself so hopefully i have some work monday or its gonna be a boring ass day knowing i could be in vegas lol.

4. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, definitely do not skip your outbound if you still want to use them to fly home. People used to play games with connections that were cheaper than just one leg and this is how the airlines put a stop to it.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you booked the whole thing as a single itinerary, then yeah, they'll cancel your return ticket.

But it you booked at as two one-ways, it shouldn't be a problem.

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is one of those cases where you will probably need to call them because whats on their website is going to have been written with the assumption that a customer cancelling one leg of their journey is probably going to want some of their money back, but it sounds like you don't care about that?

7. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do not show up for a particular leg of a flight, the airline will delete the rest of your itinerary. All airlines do this. If it is the last leg of your trip, it doesn't really matter, but you are voluntarily giving up any claim to a credit, if applicable.

It is definitely something you don't want to do repeatedly either...

8. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep.

P.S. Don't ever do this if you have checked luggage. Bags are checked to final destination and you can't get them if you want to skip a flight leg.

9. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could always give them a call and speak with someone in Customer Service and explain about not wanting to fly at 9pm when you can leave 12 hours earlier, especially since their airline only has that one flight as an option. Perhaps they can cancel the flight out while keeping your return.

Assuming you are taking a loss on the cost of the flight, it's not like they are losing anything by making the adjustment.

10. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've worked for an airline and a travel agency. No showing your outbound cancels your entire booking. Unless booked as two separate one way bookings.

40th Birthday Bash!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.