1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airline check in question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by sweetcanadian, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright, 23 hours out now!!! checked in at the 24 hour mark for seat selection and i was able to pick our seats and check my husband in and print his boarding pass but it wouldn't let me check in. When i called they said they did not know the reason but that i would have to scan my passport and would be fine.

I am a bit of a paranoid person, i like everything to be done and go smoothly so this is bothering me a bit. Has anyone else had this happen? I assume things will go smoothly but there is that little voice that says "maybe something is wrong". It could be something silly as entering a number wrong but i tend to think the worst, while hoping for the best.

2. jpeter1093

jpeter1093 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What airline?

3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

There are a couple of reasons I know of.

If you have a new or renewed passport or if your passport hasn't been scanned in a long time, they just need to swipe it and you'll be ok on subsequent flights.

Or you've been flagged for secondary security screening, you'll see "SSSS" on your boarding pass. I get that pretty frequently, I guess I fit some profile :confused2:. Its actually not a big deal though, in fact it has sped me up through security at some airports like YVR because they had me go straight to secondary screening instead of waiting in line. Then all they do is give you a quick pat down and hand check your bag but in a fairly minimal and quick way from my experience.

4. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    westjet. I usually do not check in online, i do it there so i never had an issue before.

5. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YESSS!!!!

6. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bugger :p lol.

if you decide you guys are coming downtown saturday shoot me a message on fb. wont be checking this board much.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Online checkin is NOT required.

Printing boarding passes in advance is NOT required. In fact, people that pay to do this are wasting their time and money.

I see you are from Canada, flying to the U.S. That most probably is the issue. Not to worry though.

8. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not stressing so bad anymore.

i do not pay for boarding, i just like the 24 hour check in because we can change our assigned seats at that point then. I was still able to do that. Husband was able to get checked in and boarding pass though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.