1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"Airline Business Only Good For the Airlines" - Mitch Albom

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by RealSolGlow, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/mitch-albom/2016/05/14/albom-airlines-profils-abm-column/84382180/

First let me preface this by saying I can't stand Mitch Albom. However this article is pretty spot on. The airlines made $26 BILLION last year POST-TAX which was more than triple what they made in 2014. Unbelievable.

I've encountered what Mitch writes about. My last Spirit flight to Vegas was over booked and they offered a 6 month flight voucher for anybody willing to give up their seat to somebody willing to take the next flight to Vegas some 5 hours later. I'm not going to lie....if I was not travelling with a friend I would have done it!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tony Y

Tony Y Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have the airlines gotten rid of the fuel surcharge they imposed a few years ago when gas was $4.00 a gallon

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airlines are nuts. I had a flight from Wilmington NC to Philly with a stop in Charlotte. The flight was overbooked and they were asking for volunteers and giving a reward. There was another flight leaving Wilmington at the same time direct to Philly. I wanted on the direct flight but they wanted to charge me the change fee. I tried to explain to them changing my flight would free up a seat on the overbooked flight so they shouldn't be charging me. The lady would not budge. Airline policy she said Finally, another clerk came over and made the change for me for free as he could see the win-win situation.

4. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just wonder why there is no Gov't regulation over these guys as the story I linked to says they begged for money after 9/11 because people were not willing to fly. Just insane what they can get away with and charge for every single thing under the sun and we can't catch a break.

5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:

• Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.