1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airline Booking for Diamond Aspirations - Timing, rules, etc.?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by nostresshere, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are about to book our trip. We have done this before and seems to take some time for the folks to respond on the travel side. We send ALL DETAILS to the host, who just forwards to the in house travel agency. At least that is what we did the past two years.

Anyone deal with this lately?

Also, do they still allow you to book first class as long as it is within the $750?

2. FABismonte

FABismonte Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my CET 80,000 Tier Diamond Aspirations trip last month. It took about a week for the host to interact with Ceasar's Passport Travel and get me a formal quote so that I could book. I do not know about First Class travel as I have only taken Southwest flights.

3. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They purchased the bottom level tickets for my husband. Being that it was from Canada, it didn't even cost them $500. We'll have to pay for luggage and will have to check in ahead of time to book our seats.

I admit the host was very helpful and asked Passport Travel to rush the confirmations.

4. kankan53

kankan53 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not diamond but 7 star trip. I forwarded all flight info over to host and specifically asked for Choice Essential (fell below the $1200) package with American. The host forwarded mail to ORBITZ travel (they are using ORBITZ now and I think maybe slowing phasing Passport out)
    The booked flight was sent to host and to me and gave me 24 hours to cancel. No Choice Essential - only economy - about 480 per ticket.

I called Orbitz and they said they couldn't book anything other than economy. If I wanted anything else like Choice Essential or Plus or First Class - the host must CALL Orbitz or Passport directly and make the request. I had to cancel the flight and wait for them to put the $1200 back into my account before it could be booked again.

Good luck and would like to hear how it goes with you.

5. Slotness

Slotness Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just booked our DAL2 trip to Vegas. Once I sent the flight numbers/dates to my host we were booked within 3 days. My host asked if we wanted to book a certain class of seating, but since we fly SW (the cheapest direct flight for us) it wouldn't have mattered, but since she asked, I assume she could have requested first class or business class etc. There was a slight overage once we added Earlybird check in-host emailed me a Passport phone number to call, I gave them my name, paid the overage by credit card and my host had the flight confirmations the next day.

6. kankan53

kankan53 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is good to hear Slotness. I think a lot of hosts get lazy and just forward the airline info and do not follow up or call personally.
    You have a good host!

7. FABismonte

FABismonte Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One other point. I was told by my host that a hotel booking first had to be made at the CET location as the reservation number needed to be included in the ticket request.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Recently did a booking. Went through Carlson Travel. I included first class in my booking request and it was under $700 for the us. Took just under a week... maybe 5 days. I included ALL details.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.