1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airfare prices

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by gregsmith, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregsmith

gregsmith Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Odd question but I live in western Virginia and two of us flying out to LV in mid April. Am curious which airports within 3-4 hour drive have cheapest flights? Was thinking of Dulles in D. C. but are leaving vehicle so options open...

2. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try Southwest Airlines out of Baltimore....but you have to go directly to their site...they don't use a third party like Expedia...they should also have a NON-STOP flight which is IMHO worth a extra $100 for the round trip....here's SWA site......
    http://www.southwest.com/

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might try going to the big travel sites like Expedia and Travelocity and book a ONE WAY trip from the airport you normally take going to Las Vegas and then select the option to show you surrounding airports.

That should give you an idea if there are cheaper options out of different airports or not, like if you see that flights from a particular airport on the same airline are always $20-30 cheaper.

Also if you can go further in to the booking process you might want to see if you can get to the point where it lets you select seats (if it does) where you can check and see just how much of the flight is sold out. If most of the flight is sold out and there aren't many seats open then you probably need to book further in advance... if most of the flight is empty and the prices are still high its just an expensive flight.

And the other thing is to try checking alternate days of the week to fly on. I know for me here there are certain days of the week when there are extra flights from different carriers and I can find cheaper airfare, by as much as half sometimes for the same flight on a different day of the week (personally i would rather go to Vegas on a Thursday, but we usually go down on Tuesdays because we can save $150-200pp by doing so).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.