1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Afternoon delight - looking for Afternoon High Tea suggestions.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Geogran, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I am able to drag myself away from my slot machine, the ultimate treat for me is afternoon tea -Scones with clotted cream, cucumber sandwich, White Russian tea, the whole nine yards.

My go to has been the Petrossian Bar at Bellagio(reservations) - thinking of trying someplace new - any suggestions of other places on the strip that you have tried? Do they also require reservations, if so, how far in advance?

2. cmrvancouver

cmrvancouver Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The view is nice at the Mandarin, and the food presentation was very nice; however, I felt that the food was better at the Petrossian and I didn't like that they automatically add an 18% gratuity regardless of the number of people in your party and they did not advise us when they brought the bill so we ended up tipping twice which left a bad taste in our mouth. Mandarin Oriental Tea - Presentation.jpg Mandarin Oriental Tea - Desserts.jpg Mandarin Oriental Tea - Sandwhiches.jpg

3. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had read about a High Tea at Mandalay Bay. Had good reviews. Never tried it!

4. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks cmrvancouver for the info on the Mandarin and the heads up on the automatic gratuity, the tea lounge menu and your pic look inviting - will give it it a try for a change from th Petrossian

Thanks keno60 - I looked it up and it appears the Verandah at MB does serve high tea M-F 3-4 pm - so will keep that one in mind for a future trip.

Very kind of both of you to respond - I know high tea is not on everyone's to do list when in Vegas :)

5. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely agree!! While Mandarin is a great experience and view, and some wonderful cocktails are available, that is where it ends. Petrossian had a better food tray, price, and the seating was much more cozy plus you can always do the caviar tasting there which I highly recommend.

Cosmo Christmas
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.