1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games After a heater, do you craps shooters....

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by RPMCanes, Oct 16, 2016.

1. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...go to another place to shoot, because you feel you've drained all the good luck from the place you just won at?

2. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's unlucky to be superstitious, but if I was superstitious, which I am not, then I would assume that a hot table would stay hot and stay where I was. It would take several "lessons" of cold shooting for me to learn that this particular table was no longer hot.

I have been on too many tables where it took a long time to get around the table because just about every shooter was doing good.

So that's how I would think IF I was superstitious. Which I am not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. tex55

tex55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After a heater, I'll stay at a table, because I hope that the table stays hot. However, if the next 2 shooters don't make a point, I leave.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends, but when I'm at a table where most of the players have been there for a while and the table's been cold or so-so, after someone goes on a heater, say 20 mins or more, pretty much everybody colors up. And the longer the heater, the more likely the table clears out after. Seen this many, many times.

It's obviously not a question of the table itself having anything to do with it. You caught an extreme positive variance, that's the time to book it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it is a really big heater and I have at least doubled my buy in I usually play the next roll with small bets and then color up if it is a quick roll.

First Trip 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends how big the heater is. If its an 80 roll heater then we tend to run to the cage fairly quickly. If it's a 40 or so heater we'll stay and try to repeat those a few times.

7. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I do as well. I would have missed out on some nice runs if I had left after the 1st good shooter. 1 night there were 3 of us in a row that had a nice roll. Won almost 3 times my buy-in.

8. waltomeal

waltomeal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll sometimes stay and sometimes leave. It depends more on other factors like how long I've been playing, level of booze penetrations, how fun the dealers and other players are, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I concur with the above. I will stay and slow play the next shooter or two or if the dice are only a person or two away from me.
    Depending on how well I did, I may not play again that day.
    One trip I such a crazy awesome session early in the trip I didn't play again as I wanted to savor that session.

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone is different. Some people color up after the heater so they don't end up losing what they won.

I and others usually will stay at the table for a little while, hoping that other shooters will have similar luck. I will stick around for a shooter or two to see if the table is still hot but will leave quickly if the next couple of shooters crap out quickly. I can watch the action as I color out. Lots of times the table clears out after the heater so it will get cold quickly.

I was on a table at the Flamingo once, the table was good, it kept going for 3 full hours and I turned $200 into $4000 during that time. For a red chip player like me that was an awesome table. There wasn't one shooter who had long rolls, there were just a number of shooters that had decent rolls so we just stuck around. It was funny because my friends (the ones not on the table) wanted to go to a show. After the first hour I told them to just go already because I wasn't going to leave until the table went cold.

• Like Like x 1
  11. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1

12. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on how hot the heater was? When I was in Vegas two weeks ago (TR elsewhere) myself and a couple other board members went on a 50 minute roll. We each made huge money on a % basis. A few of us made almost 300% of their br 120k. I made over 550% of my BR at the time 14,500. Wasn't even playing the dark side! After the roll we clapped, cashed out, paid markers and went on our way. During small heaters I always stay until the variance changes. In hindsight maybe should have played just one more time. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sniff009

Sniff009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's a monster roll where I win 5x+ my buy in ($300-$500), I will give it a couple of more shooters just to see what's going on.

14. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish I could have been there for that one.

First Trip 2017
  15. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really memorable. Wish you all could have been there. Just the 4 of is at a private table. Won't soon forget it. Especially since I play the dark side 96% of the time. Lol

16. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll ride it for all its worth and once the dreaded number comes up and the table cools off for a few rolls I'll color up and toss a few tokes to the crew. Then its off to the nearest bar that serves a great Black and Tan and I savor the win.

:peace::beer:

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  17. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have actually stayed for at least one or two more shooters my friend, but alas was already late for my tournament limo...lol I had to sit at the tournament with all those chocolates in my pocket lol

18. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See now I'm getting you over to the light side, because think of the hours you have to spend to grind that kind of win playing dark!

19. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope one day to catch even a glimpse of a table like this

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  20. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Believe me I www thinking of staying but you guys had to go do I bailed too. I know you didn't settle up those chocolate chips lol. Did you then win the tourney or at least did you come in "in the money?