1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Advantage Car Rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by swoozieque2, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swoozieque2

swoozieque2 Tourist

Sep 3, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone used them? pros...cons...

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Oct 5, 2007
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used them many times in vegas. Have not had any major problems with them. Some things to note: Because they aren't a national chain they don't have a big selection of cars. If they don't have the car in your size they should/will allow you to take the next larger sized car for free. They sometimes even upgrade me for free, I usually rent an economy car and they usually give me a compact car (maybe I'm considered a regular customer, lol).

When renting if they try to push you to take (and pay) for a larger car beware, it might be because your car size isn't available. They will try to get you to pay for the larger car but if you say no they will (reluctantly) give you the free upgrade anyway.

As with the other rental agencies there is a big hype to get you to purchase additional coverage. Just make sure you have your no fault card and tell them that you don't want additional coverage. Also - before you leave the counter, check all charges. they sometimes add some small incidental daily charges like a lockout charge that adds a few dollars a day to your bill. Before you sign the papers check your bill. If your bill is higher than what you were quoted online then for sure use a magnifying glass to examine all charges and then have them remove any additional charges.

Still, advantage rates are pretty good (don't think I would go back to payless, ez or fox rental unless I can't find low rates elsewhere) so I would use them if they had the lower rates over the national chains.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Feb 18, 2011
    Somewhere in Middle America
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they are now the baby brother to Hertz, but I've been told they were sold to somebody else.

Big pros are shorter lines (at least in LV) and no hassle with using your credit card insurance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.