1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Adjoining room-what would you have done?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jgates8, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my 1st three nights I was at Paris. The 2nd night around 5at am I was awakened from a dead sleep to yelling in the next room. Evidently the fellow in the room had looked at her cell phone & found inappropriate messages to another fellow in it. Basically describing what she wanted him to do to her while they looked at the fountains out the eindow. Tons of screaming and yelling. I basically ignored it until stuff started slamming into the walls. Since I didn't know if it was her or something else, I called security. They arrived and evidently the thuds were plates or something being thrown. She had some type of injuries on her hands which she kept telling them were in from throwing the plates. They kept telling her you don't get injuries like that from throwing things. Security made them pack their bags and leave.

What would you have done? I was ignoring it until things hit the wall.....then I was worried about her being hurt. In our town they would have both been taken in &shut cited if police had shown up.

2. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jgates, I definitely agree that this is a problem that has to be dealt with.

One definitely should have a security code on ones cellphone that prevents people from reading incoming fountain Sex Texes.

3. Dtyst1

Dtyst1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you did the right thing.

I also would have ignored it up til the point of violence.

[YOUTUBE]FkHRaFKjZmQ[/YOUTUBE]

Don't be like Horton.:nono:

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I think you did the right thing.

5. DonD

DonD Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Calling security is the way to go. Let them check things out and if something really bad happens you wouldn't feel guilty.

6. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, you did the right thing. :thumbsup:

7. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have asked to punch them both in the face once for waking me up. Otherwise, you did the right thing.

8. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Similar occurrence happened to me years ago in the tower at the El Cortez, only I think people in the next room or across the hall were just partying at 4 A.M. and it was unbelievably loud.

I called security and they asked me what room # the noise was coming from. I replied "I am unsure...I'm not getting dressed and going out to the hallway to find out, just send security and they will KNOW what room all the racket is coming from.

Five minutes later I hear security out in the hall and his walkie talkie screams "WE HAD A COMPLAINT FROM ROOM 715 ABOUT EXCESSIVE NOISE"
    I was thinking "Great, now everyone on the floor knows it was MY room that complained"...but they did get the partying to end.

9. jpw711

jpw711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you did the right thing.

As far as the 4am partiers, everybody has to sleep sometime, and paybacks a bitch.

Holiday Gift Shoppe
  10. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I would of called security also. Good choice, you did what was right.

11. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happened to us on a cruise earlier this year. From what we could gather, security/cruise director was ready to leave them in Mexico but they were able to talk their way into simply being banned for life :rolleyes2:

12. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whew - I didn't know if I was just being a bit impulsive in calling. But when things started hitting the wall all I could picture was the CSI team cleaning up a dead body later. Luckily it evidently was only plates or dishware. I assume that is probably why they made them leave vs. just asking them to quiet down. When you start destroying hotel property I'm sure they aren't going to be happy. It was right around 5 am so not sure if he had woken up & check phone or if they had just come in from a club.

And I was listening at door when security started talking to them - they didn't even indicate they received a phone call. I still was waiting for the guy to come back & start pounding on doors demanding to know who had called. So of course going back to sleep didn't work too well!!!

I did have to chuckle a bit - they were still screaming at each other when security came up. Security stands outside their door for a moment to make sure they had the right room & then yells 'Open up there - this is security' (or something like that). DEAD SILENCE. They had to knock & yell at them 3 times before they finally opened the door. I suppose they thought if they were quiet, security would just go away.

He's probably single now & according to his screaming rant he has 2 million in the bank............... So if any of you need a date.....

13. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New Years Eve about 10 years ago, party on the floor below, it was a three story Marriott Courtyard at the Philly Airport, staying with my wife and two daughters. I call security, the party would quiet down for a few minutes, then it got cranked up again. This happened three times, then the host of the party and came to my door, but I don't think he wanted to invite me down, he brought a couple thugs along. I was pretty upset that security dimed me out and we didn't get much sleep. I complained the next morning and our stay was comped.

14. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the other end of this, my ex-wife was violent when she drank. 5'7 fitness instructor that was actually quite strong and fairly tough for a suburban girl. I am 6'00 190 but when she went off the deep end it was a handful to keep her from actually hitting me.

Well she went off at PH a month before I filed divorce, she ripped my shirt off, scratched my face, neck and chest. Room next door called security, I answered with shirt ripped off, bleeding and probably looking pissed. Security was kinda stiff with me, she locked herself in the bathroom and wouldnt come out. They were looking at me and I could tell them were thinking she had the hell beat out of her. She finally came out when they said LVMPD was on the day, she didnt even have a mascera run. They asked me if I wanted her arrested, I of course said no. I offered to leave the room and get another room for our last night there, they were fine with that and went about their business. I was glad someone called, I hadnt really thought about it at the time, you can actually grow accustomed to crazy behavior!!

15. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you got rid of her before you were really hurt!!!

16. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also would have asked to have been moved to a room w/o a connecting door. They do have them at Paris. I partly blame the hotels for cutting holes in the walls between two rooms and wondering why there are noise issues. You would have heard some of this incidence regardless, but lots of time I can hear virtually everything coming from a room next to me when there's a connecting door.

17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's not really a tough call - if there's some sort of brawl going on, call security and amp up your description to make sure they show up.

I don't really give a shit what's going on, I just don't want to listen to it.

I was at Rio once and there were some kids next door hollering for an hour non-stop, and I could hear the parents too. I just hollered STFU through the wall every five minutes or so. They ended up moving.

18. sammowhammo

sammowhammo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once folks start fighting in public they involve everyone around them. Same thing with the too loud parties.

I've called hotel security twice - once the couple near us was loud -fighting & throwing stuff and another time kids were left alone & were slamming doors & screaming. Both of those were at softball tournaments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.