1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Accidentally bought chips?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by lilb999, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilb999

lilb999 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone,

My fiance was fooling around on my MyVegas account and ended up buying the chip package for $199. After she told me about it I immediately went on to dispute the charges under the pretext that "I accidentally bought and do not want this item"...Long story short it has been 3 days now and no word. Has anyone had this happen to them, and if so, were you able to get your money back?

Thanks

2. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you accidentally buy chips? Isn't there a multi click method before you purchase them, not to mention you have to enter your CC info.

3. calpsy

calpsy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not if you have a paypal payment method set up .

Im sure it does come up and say " are you sure now you want to buy these " and you have to press YES , then it say " REALLY ? ? Are you REALLY sure ? " and you have to press YES etc etc etc etc :cry:

4. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this too, but only for $6. I messaged facebook, google it, and I messaged myvegas. They cleared it up within the day when facebook got involved.

5. lilb999

lilb999 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea how she did it....

Thanks for the heads up VegasDave! I already messages both Facebook and MyVegas 3 days ago.......I suppose everyone took an extra long weekend?:cry:

6. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have purchased chips once then Facebook saves the payment information (including PayPal) and will not prompt for that anymore. Somehow my wife ended up buying $39 chips a second time. She said there were no prompts for it.

If you purchased chips, immediately thereafter delete your payment information from Facebook.

7. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you bought them with a CC then dispute the charge with the bank that issued the card.

8. lilb999

lilb999 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally heard back from Facebook. They are issuing a refund (will take 7-9 days on my credit card...no biggie) and took away all the chips she purchased.

Too bad they took away the extra reward I would have been able to use. Oh well!

9. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep a close eye to ensure they really do refund the credit card. My 12 year old daughter bought $50 of Farmville chips without my approval... I had bought a few for her as a bday present not realizing it saved my payment option, so all she had to do was "click". I saw the email confirmation immediately and called the Farmville service line. They said of course they would refund the credit card and immediately took away the chips.

Then I contacted them a week later because I hadn't seen the refund yet and they started giving me the "we reviewed your request and have decided all sales are final, no refund". I escalated it up the chain at Farmville/Facebook and couldn't get anyone to agree to the refund.

When my Citi card came, we disputed the charge. Citi called for details and were horrified Farmville was sticking to a charge that was made by a 12 year old. The lady from Citi said "This is where WE go to work for you!" and immediately issued a credit to our account. Citi went after Farmville and we rec'd a letter a few months later saying it was all resolved.

So... don't just take them at their word and be prepared to dispute the charge. My experience with MyVegas customer service has been very good, so I'm certainly not saying they will take the same path. Farmville told me exactly what I wanted to hear on the phone then just went about the business of taking my money anyway.
    diane

10. donfairplay

donfairplay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dbueler, that reminds me of a thread on fatwallet, aptly titled: Help! My 6 year old bought $1300 worth of 'Fish Bucks' off of iTunes.

I found it rather funny that a six-year old could manage to purchase that many fish bucks, armed only with an ipod touch (with wifi).

I'm sure the poster of that thread was not as amused. The story has a happy ending (not being out $1,300), though Citibank's initial response was to not refund the money, and he had to explain what happened in a call to itunes.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1016017/

11. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I work/worked in the ACH/Debit Card Disputes Department for a bank for a couple years. People constantly disputed Facebook purchases saying it was an "accident." Most of the people couldnt plead enough of a case to get their money back. I just hope you didnt use the actual chips provided...then it just looks shady IMO.

12. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure if MyVegas still does this, but I remember when I first signed up to play, it gave me an offer for like 3,000 free chips if I just entered my credit card information and it just said that I wasn't buying anything, but it also didn't say it was enabling one click purchases either. One time I clicked on the $5 package just to see what would pop up and to my surprise it was like..."Thank you for your purchase" without asking for confirmation. So let that be a warning for all. Enter your credit card info, get the free chips, then immediately go into FB setting and delete your info.

13. lilb999

lilb999 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone, just a little update.

Facebook originally told me the charges would be off my card in 7-9 days...It actually only took 1 day to get the $199 refund!

:beer:

14. phinfan08

phinfan08 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That must be a relief, congrats.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.