1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

AC July 2015: Mark's 35th Bday.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by flysrb, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

HEY NOW! NYE in AC!!!!!!!
    Hey Now! 6 days in Biloxi....plus early Mardi Gras Parades!!!
  2. lithium78

lithium78 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that looked like a ton of fun. I've always felt that Resorts would be my favorite place in AC if I didn't get such good comps from Caesars. I like the gaming vibe there and the year-round beach bar.

3. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the trip report, especially the videos and photos. I have to make it to Gallagher's on my next visit. I will have to get my wife to try some of those machines and wean her away from her favorite Cashman. Lately, that little bugger has been grabbing her cash, man.

As for Crabfries, this is a trademarked product Chickie's and Pete's, a small chain of Philly based sports bars. It's thin, crinkle cut fried potatoes tossed with Old Bay seasoning and served with an ounce of watery white cheese sauce; a small basket goes for about $6. The owner vigorously defends the Crabfries property and has sued restaurants and taverns using this term.

This is also the bar that uses "pint" glasses with heavy bottoms that hold about 12 oz of beer so he can pour an extra 40 servings from a half keg, about 25% more pours.

This is also the bar that settled one of the largest "tip pooling" cases with the Justice Dept., agreeing to pay $6.8 million to over 1000 of its employees. Particularly troubling is that servers paid 2-4% of the their sales into a "tip pool", about 40% of that pool went to bartenders and bus staff, the rest went to Pete the owner. The employees called it "Pete'sTax". I won't set foot in the place.

image.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  4. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As always love reading your reports. Looks like so much fun as usual. And happy birthday to Mark.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! And that 10x straight flush was pretty!

6. lithium78

lithium78 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might be taking a day trip to AC on Thursday if the weather holds. If the weather improves to 85 degrees, then it would be fine for the beach at Caesars. I really want to go on a Thursday to take advantage of the reward credit multiplier that day.

7. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report as always!

8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GREAT report! You've got me excited for AC! I'll be there in a few weeks. I also love that Zuma machine. Nice low rolling play and fun!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.