1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Absinthe or Le Reve?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by siguru21, Feb 18, 2015.

?

Absinthe or Le Reve?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2015.
  1. Absinthe

23 vote(s)
    95.8%
  2. Le Reve

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siguru21

siguru21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please help me decide. I've seen the Cirque shows and have liked most of them. Now I'm trying to choose between Absinthe or Le Reve. Have heard great things about both.

What say you???

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm one of the Absinthe votes. My wife and I have seen all the big shows (including Le Reve) - and they're great. But, we've burned out for a while on those huge productions. Now we're into the smaller, more intimate, venues and shows. And, amongst those, Absinthe really stands out. I've seen it five times with different family members and they all loved it.

Bill

3. HuskerBB

HuskerBB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While both shows might be described as "Cirque-like" - I think other than that they are wildly different. I have seen and enjoyed both - but they are nothing like each other. Le Reve would be comparable to "O" - it is acrobatics and dance/artistry correographed to music. Absinthe is like combing the acrobatics of Mystere with the sexual innuendo of Zumanity - but on a much smaller more intimate stage - and with much funnier comedy.

I enjoyed Le Reve but have no desire to see it again. I would easily go to Absinthe again - probably will on one of these trips - and Absinthe is the one that I generally recommend to my friends as the show to see in Vegas.

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe is probably far better, but also far different.

Research some more before you go. Those who don't enjoy it really really don't enjoy it, and going in expecting a cirque show is an excellent way to be one of those people. Its a dirty comedy variety show which some impressive acrobatics mixed in.

5. harley777

harley777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two completely different shows. Absinthe - the best show in Vegas. Plus half the price of Le Reve. Seen Absinthe four times and Le Reve once.

6. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We bought tickets to Absinthe last time we were in Vegas and got so drunk at the pool we missed our show (oops - passed out), it looked very interesting so we are going to try again probably this time. So absinthe is my vote.

Wish we had gone to Rose.Rabbit.Lie that trip too, but that boat has sailed.

7. ranchette

ranchette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much are the tickets for Absinthe any deals around?

8. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Around 30% off at Tix4Tonight. Check their website. Looks like prices from Ticketmaster are north of $100 each. I saw it back in 2011 and it seems like it was a lot cheaper than that, but maybe not. Either way, fantastic show.

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you stay at a CET property I believe you get a $20 off coupon for show tickets from the box office (or maybe it was 20%).

10. siguru21

siguru21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. I'll give Absinthe a try,

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.