1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Absinthe or Fantasy

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Lhammer28, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost feel that its a no brainer, and we should see Absinthe, BUT I know that we only have time for 1 show and I have so many points on MyVegas and so does the hubby, so instead of spending around $100, we can get tix for free, then I can attempt to get the Tender reward, so we have a reason to get down there......

SO, would you choose Fantasy over Absinthe to save money??
    Or is Absinthe that good that I should see it, since weve seen burlesque shows before.....

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends I guess on:

-How much you like Burlesque shows
    -Your tolerance for dirty humor
    -Whether you have other good uses for your myvegas comps

Absinthe is far and away the better show, and the only people I have ever heard of that thought different were those who went in expecting something else. There are some great acrobatic acts, there is some nudity (not as much as fantasy, this is not a burlesque show), and there is a lot of dirty humor and some politically incorrect comedy tying it all together. If naughty words can't shock you you'll be fine.

From there its just a matter of how bad you want the myvegas comp. I know the myvegas pickings are slim these days.

There is nothing wrong with Fantasy. I liked it better than X Burlesque and other similar shows. But it is basically just a boilerplate adult show well executed. You will see nothing particularly new, so if you have other myvegas comps in mind or don't care about the freebies, see Absinthe.

3. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is kind of what I thought.
    I think Id rather see Absinthe & I think that the rest of our group would also...
    I have a little time before the trip, maybe they will add something that I actually want to use!

4. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you seen or considered Zumanity? I think it's a hair better than Absinthe. I've seen all 3 shows and would rank Fantasy at the bottom. Zumanity and Absinthe are fairly similiar in the style of the show. The cool part of Absinthe is that its a really small theater (but you're also sitting on top of your neighbors) so you're fairly close to the action.

5. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Travelzoo has a discount on Absinthe right now for about $30 off per ticket.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe is great, Fantasy is not. If money is a factor go see Fantasy, if entertainment and fun are factors go see Absinthe. As for Zumanity mentioned above, also very good (and somewhat dirty). I'd rank it slightly below Absinthe but not by much.

7. akhoya362

akhoya362 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Fantasy was a perfectly adequate show. Absinthe is hilarious and top-notch. Just avoid the first two rows, if you can. (Unless you want to be insulted by the master of ceremonies all night.) He and I exchanged barbs the entire night.

8. dis220

dis220 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Skip both and go see Baz: For the Record at Mandalay Bay. Tickets start at around $65. Amazing show!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.