1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

? about Vegas BikeFest!! SEPTEMBER 27-30

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by nia, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nia

nia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas BikeFest!!!! :biker: Anyone ever been?

We are Vegas Virgin's ;) :angel: We are going in 14 days for a week!! This is in celebration for our new "empty nest" situation. We just sent the wee-est one off to college :( umm no it's :D with a mix of :beer: :haha:

We have been looking into all things Vegas. So far we are booked at MGM Grand in one of the new Suites. We didn't plan for BikeFest, we found out is during our time there!! We go to other Bike Weeks so we are thrilled to be able to check this one out! ... even though we won't have the bike :eek:

So we are curious if anyone here has gone? Is there any info anyone can pass along about it? We have heard of Hogs & Heifers Saloon so we will be checking that out for sure :beer:

We did find the site:
    http://www.lasvegasbikefest.com/

Just looking for any hints... much appreciated!!

http://www.lasvegasbikefest.com

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I looked into going this year as well. My first suggestion would be to stay somewhere closer to the downtown. Otherwise you are looking at least $50 to $60 in cab fare each down trekking down there.

If you have never been to LV, there is 15 to 20 minute cab ride from central strip to downtown.

3. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been a few times -- merely as a spectator! The main area is at Cashman Center, where there are lots of small shows and hundreds of vendors. You don't need to be a hardcore biker to look around. The bikers you'll see are more likely to be a couple in their forties or fifties than Hells Angels (although HA did have a booth when I was there).

The Strip doesn't see much action, although there will be the occasional drive-by of motorcycles. When not at Cashman Center, most of the folks will congregate at Fremont Street. It's a zoo, but fun.

4. nia

nia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL!! We are those 40 yr olds :) we will enjoy the craziness of the crowds. But now I wonder if we should stay part of the time closer to downtown. Any ideas? Which hotels are good there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.