1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots About the new Buffalo Stampede slots

Discussion in 'Slots' started by sdrawkcab si eman yM, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdrawkcab si eman yM

sdrawkcab si eman yM Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've tried to find an info button on these machines a couple of times to no luck. My question is, how do these progressives work on the machine? The big one starts at $15,000, and the smaller one $400(?) maybe, and I have no idea what sets them off, if there's a "must hit by" mark, do you get into a jackpot round with a chance to win them, etc.
    Please advise :) Thank you.

2. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a random mystery jackpot. Can be won on any bet.

3. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played these recently. IIRC the Progressive Jackpots were random and I didn't see any "must hit by $xxxx.xx" anywhere on the screen.

They sure are money suckers though. :rolleyes2:

4. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mini/Maxi jackpots that state 'must win by $xxxx' are just set to a specific dollar and cents amount, and the current total goes up by a tiny amount after each spin or each win. The player that makes it hit that specific dollar amount wins that jackpot. Then it is reset to the minimum, and a new winning amount is chosen.

Example: jackpot starts at $200, says it must win by $500. A number is chosen by the machine beforehand (and doesn't change) between $200 and $500. (There seems to be some bias toward making it a big number, but I'm not sure about that). If it's $434.21 the person that pushes the total to that amount wins it. In most cases you don't have to bet anything extra or even play max coins to get this.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Wade are you sure this is how it works? Not doubting you, I just never would have thought any machine would be designed to establish beforehand exactly when a jackpot will be paid. I would've thought they had set it so the jackpot hits before $500 within some confidence interval (e.g. 90% of the time) and if it doesn't it automatically pays at $500.

6. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Where in Vegas are these machines located? I don't think I've ever seen them, but have heard people talking about them.

7. Frankr163

Frankr163 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a bank of them in the back of the Quad near the Fat Tuesday bar.
    In sept. I saw people seemingly winning constantly.
    The machines were very busy, I finally got to sit down and won $200 on my 2nd spin, never got another paying spin! The OP was right about the pays, never figured out what a winning line was.

8. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, this is exactly how it works. It never waits until $500 to pay. According to the WizardOfOdds, it is actually chooses the number in a smooth distribution from the reset number to the max, in other words, any random number between the reset and max, with no bias.

Wizard of Odds has a page about this, indicating how close to the top number it should be to be playing at an advantage.

http://wizardofodds.com/games/slots/mystery-jackpot/

9. sdrawkcab si eman yM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the feedback. I was shocked to see a slot with no information button/payout structures/etc.
    Curious to see in the near future what type of winning dollar amounts the progressives hit at. Hesitant to try it out at this point, because my theory is you're a little less likely to win once a new machine is put out on the floor cause it hasn't taken in money to give a big payout (just a theory, don't know if there's truth to it)

10. fas87

fas87 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are new Stampede slots? When my wife and I went to Vegas the first time (maybe 2000 or so), we loved the Stampede slots where the bonus round would start, "It's a Stampeeeede!" These slots seemed to be everywhere, but unfortunately, we haven't seen them in the last handful of years or so.

Are these the same slots but updated? If so, I can't wait to play in about a month!

11. sdrawkcab si eman yM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Judging by pictures I just looked up, no. It's the "classic" Buffalo video-reel slot machine that's been updated with progressives and random bonus features.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.