1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

AA check-in

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by FullBoat, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,
    Well, it's almost time. 9 day's and counting. I'm flying out on AA with someone else. We're both on the same booking, so I'm guessing that the mobile check-in is out. At least that's what it looks like from their web site.
    My question is, would I be able to email the boarding passes to my phone, and just show the email to the security people? Or do I need to print them out? The departure ones won't be a problem to print if I need to, but the return ones might be more of a pain as I'll have to find a printer in Vegas.

Last time I went they didn't have that option, so if that tells you how long it's been. :)

Thanks.

2. Cinwhim

Cinwhim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't fly AA but I have not seen anyone show a phone at Southwest. Just ask the hotel desk clerk to print them for you. We have done the several different hotels and they are always happy to do so. :)
    Enjoy your trip!

3. dostoy

dostoy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can check in on your phone and print them at the airport, that is what I always do.

4. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We flew AA in November and when we did curb side check in of bags, they printed our boarding passes right there.

5. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure when you do online checkin for multiple people you can send the mobile check-in email to different people. If I recall, it's just a PDF/jpg (forget which) you need to open on your phone which they will scan at security and at the gate. Tbc, it's different than the PDF you get if you want to just print it out.

6. Cinwhim

Cinwhim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot, we've done that too......before returning the rental car. Making it really easy to get from the rental car return to the terminal. :woot: Well worth the tip to the skycap guys. :)

7. Kickin

Kickin Flea

The mobile boarding pass still works regardless of how many people are on the booking. Its availability depends on the airport you're flying out of. I use it whenever its available, including AA out of JFK.

You have two options to get your mobile boarding pass: you can have them email it to you, this isn't the same as the normal electronic boarding pass you print out. Or you can download the AA app to your phone and retrieve it there. This is what I always do because on an iPhone you can add it to your Passbook and on the day of your flight the boarding pass will become available with a single swipe from your lock screen. It will also update the boarding pass with any changes.

8. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tips y'all. I'm going to check in up at work just in case I have to print something out.
    And, I'll just ask the front desk about printing them out for my flight back while I'm asking for a little later check out.

9. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I fly American, I never print anything out ahead of time. I get my boarding pass from the ticket-counter agent when I check my bag, or from the airport kiosk.

Seems like forever from now, but the flights are booked, so it counts!
  10. VeddaLasVegas

VeddaLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most hotels in Vegas will print your boarding passes for you. At Aria last year we checked in and paid for our bags.

11. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info y'all. I just figured it'd be quicker to print them out before I get there, and drop off my checked bag at the porter outside. I don't think it'll be too bad in Austin, but just looking at the flight it looks like it's full from here to Dallas, and then again from Dallas to Vegas. Was hoping that it was kind of empty so we could stretch out some, but I guess not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.