1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A very positive customer service experience!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 5 burner gas grill got flipped over in a really bad windstorm we had a few weeks back and I've been having trouble with the burners ever since. Via the Char-Broil web site I asked for some suggestions to fix it. They emailed a couple, tried those and it helped a little, but it still was not working correctly. I sent another note asking for help yesterday and this morning i get a call from them. We discuss my issues and end result, he is sending basically all new parts for the inside of the grill, minus the grates, of course, for free!

I purchased the grill in Vegas in 2008, so it's not like it is under warranty.

We all like to bitch about poor customer service, myself included, so I just wanted to acknowledge great customer service from Char-Broil.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Next time I need a grill I will go out of my way to buy one of theirs.

Give Suncoast another try.
    Our new favorite place to stay, but gamble at MSS
  2. NCISfan

NCISfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great to hear of positive customer service. It seems rare these days.

3. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just bought a ready to assemble dresser from IKEA, and on the third step of a 24 step assembly process, I realized that one of the side boards of the dresser was off by 1/8" making it impossible to attach the drawer slides as they did not line up properly with the pre-drilled holes. I was on hold for 20 minutes yesterday and after taking some information, I was told that they would ship out a new one via UPS since the store was 50 minutes from home. I am pretty satisfied with the response, and hopefully I will get the new dresser tomorrow.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to return the old one?

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked the same question and her reply was that IKEA may not want it back. But if they want 5 lbs. of hardware, 24 drawer slides, and 30 pieces of wood, they can pick it up. If I were to box it back up and ship it UPS collect, it would probably cost them $50 and there's no guarantee it won't get damaged in the process.

Bloomberg listed the founder of IKEA as the 5th wealthiest in the world a couple of years ago.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  6. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I bought my house years ago, there was a genie garage door opener in a box on the floor. (Not the box it came in)
    It was used but had the instructions, a couple pieces were missing so I called to buy them. I told the guy my wife had bought it a few years back and I never got around to installing it. But I was willing to pay, he checked and said not to worry, they hadn't made that opener in over five years and he would just send them out no charge. I got them the next day.

I have another garage with a Chamberlin commercial opener on it,(heavy duty 12x12 door) a year and a half old and a gear cracked in half. I called and they wouldn't help me at all, ended up finding the part local so I didn't have to pay shipping,

Over a cheap part and a little shipping, they lost any more of my business.

7. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Weber did the same thing for me when numerous parts had worn out after ten years of usage. I opted to buy the grates.

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So Joe, if I missed it let me know......when the grill is reassembled and ready for a Master's touch......when do we hear about the ribs and your chosen steps for preparation / consuming?.......

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be out grilling in January & February, right after I shovel the snow off the deck.:evillaugh Come on up, the weather here isn't that much different than Texas at that time of year.:wink2:

[​IMG]

10. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The weather may not be that much different but I've seen enough Packer games to know I don't have the wardrobe for the grilling.....more the shorts sandals floppy hat sort of attire when I grill....let's try the 777 variety and see if it is what you are talking about (or the binions / ellis island)...doesn't matter and I can dress more to my liking....

11. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm probably risking starting a never-ending debate by asking this, but isn't using a gas grill heretical? Perhaps the Great Grilling Deity sent the windstorm your way as a sign to suggest the way of the pious charcoal?

Helldorado, you never come to your senses...
  12. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going other than propane or other conveyance why not just go oak...or mesquite.....for the full flavor....but I agree....what TF?

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would companies would realize how much more profitable they would be simply by having good customer service.
    Something so simple goes a long way.

14. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me it's convenience. Turn the grill on and 10 minutes later I'm ready to cook. I used to have both a Weber Kettle and a smoker, but got rid of them. And, I grill year round, so the less time outside in winter, the better.

15. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a gas infrared grill, a smoker, and a weber kettle. They all have different purposes.

If you are grilling burgers, brats, and hot dog for a group of 75, you definitely are happy to have the consistency and size of a gas grill. I actually think that steak tastes better on the gas infrared as well, as you can sear it hotter.

For BBQ I typically use the smoker, and I use the charcoal for tailgates and things like chicken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.