1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Vegas First!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by thecarve, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pattie

Pattie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm late to this party but I have to add my $7.50 (what a pack costs where I live)

Congratulations on making (probably) the best decision of your life. I quit the cigger-shitties in 2008 and never looked back. I am sure that you have been told all the things about successfully quitting but in the end, it is your decision to quit and to remain a quitter. You have your reasons and they are great reasons because they are the reasons that brought you to the decision to quit smoking. Your mental resilience and personal resolve will be the two things that will keep you in the quitters circle of winning.

The day will come, and it is different for everyone, when you can say that you no longer crave the taste, the nicotine, the oral fixation of handling a lit cigarette, and the triggers that used to prompt you to lite up are gone. When that day comes, book a flight to Vegas and celebrate like a boss for 'kicking the habit, and joining the unhooked generation'!

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ecigs have worked wonders for me as well, just about to hit 3 months smoke free. I agree with you on those tiny ones not working, I think they are garbage. If you really want to quit using an ecig spend a little bit of money and get yourself a nice setup. I have a VV ego twist like you and take that out to the bars since I'm not affraid of losing it. At home I have a eVic battery that looks like a huge dildo and a nice tank that can fill an entire room in vapor. One hit on that and you definitely get your nic fix.

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read some good reviews about the disposable ones that do not need to be charged (I think NJOY). Anyone have experience with those?

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those were definitely my favorite. (I only used the disposable ones as I had no desire to become someone who smokes ecigs and just exchange one addiction with another...it was just a means to an end for me, so I didn't want to get "involved".) They tasted the most like a cigarette to me and the red ones had enough nicotine and a strong enough hit to be fairly satisfying.

Unfortunately, they didn't last nearly as long as some of the others I tried. The first week or two I was smoking two a day.

Regardless of what brand you use, I can't recommend ecigs enough. Over the past 20+ years I had tried nearly every other cessation aid and was never able to quit for good. I'm now nearly six months without a smoke and four months without nicotine in any form. There are plenty of ways to help with the addition, but ecigs are the only thing (IMO) that helps with the "habit" part of the equation.

5. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great info Carve and thank you. Congrats again!

6. mgill1974

mgill1974 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    merely coincidence I saw this thread for the 1st time today? Hmmmmmmm

I'm trying to quit so bad!!!! Ugggggh, so frustrating!!!

7. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats. Keep at it because it's worth it.

My mother never quit and it killed her. It's a really awful way to die. Long, painful, horrible in general. I think we can all agree that going quick is preferable.

Anyhow, her big downfall was having "just one" when out for the evening. She fought tooth and nail to get even a few months smoke free. One time she made it to 6 months I think. She even re-painted and cleaned the drapes and whatnot because she figured she was done. Christmas and New Year's party season took her down. She didn't have any other health issues so she could have had a fun retirement and still be a living pain in my a$$ today if she had quit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.