1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A SWA sale that really is a sale

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just rebooked our Vegas to Milwaukee flight and saved $36 each. Price stayed the same the other way around.

Christmas
  2. zlanga

zlanga Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah it's supposedly their distance-based sale, but they threw in a ton of fine print. Most notably:

Plus, they limited some of the mid day flight discounts, even on the Tuesday and Wednesday that I booked, you had to fly early or late, the mid afternoon departures were still full fare. Gets tighter every year...

USBC Open
  3. Cinwhim

Cinwhim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :woot: Yep, yep! We got about $200 in credits, plus some points back on our 3 seats in Sept. It could have been another $49 credit but we maxed out the return flight. I'll take what I got though. Wooowhooooo! :banana: :drunk: :banana: :drunk: :banana: :drunk:

4. VPDana

VPDana Low-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found this sale when I woke up this morning. It made my day! I booked our October trip, for cheap! The fares are low enough to be covered by our points for our return flight. Plus I had $124 credit from our last trip. We paid $139 TOTAL for our roundtrip airfare for two. The winning has already started !!!

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked my fall trip to Chicago to attend a trade show, $99 each way from Philly, a great deal.

6. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just reobooked one way and saved 24 bucks... Thanks Joe... much appreciated man !!!

7. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, I just checked the hotel deals and they have some very good rates there also. Thanks!

8. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW! Thanks Joe for the heads up on this killer (legit) SWA sale. Got my solo Sept trip booked for $98 roundtrip!

9. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, my flights dropped back down to what they were when I originally booked them 3 months ago, and not a penny less. I did pick up one for later in the year that was wasnt for sale yet before though.

10. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even though we just got back from Vegas last week, we just booked another trip using this sale. Aug 31 (Sun) through Sep 3 (Wed). 3 nights, and Sept 1 is my Bday. We paid $129 a person each way for a grand total of $516 RT non stop for 2 people. Score!

The one bummer is our current comp offer from Cosmo is only good in June and July, but I'm hoping they'll send another for Aug-Sep. In the meantime, we'll book something comp through CET just in case.

I still owe a TR from our recent trip, but suffice it to say that after my husband lost a whole day (and basically ruined mine as well) to a hangover, I told him he owed me another trip to make up for it, so he's off the hook now! :peace:

Vegas Just Because...
  11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wimp! Hasn't he heard of the hair of dog? 4 aspirin and a beer will fix you right up.:wink2: :beer:

Christmas
  12. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, he was so far beyond that. He tried: A Bloody Mary, lots of water, aspirin, chugging a beer, Pedialyte and even greasy food, but he just could not shake the nausea. He's worked 30 years for a beer company, so this is no amateur drinker, but he REALLY overdid it. Weird thing is, he didn't seem that drunk to me the night before, but I think he was really dehydrated.

Vegas Just Because...
  13. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Joe!

Just booked our Christmas night round trip to Vegas on SW at a considerable savings over last year's Anerican Airlines flight. Thank you for the tip!

14. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked our dec trip. 640$ rt for 2 from CT. Best price in a looong time. Yeah!

15. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Somehow, MKE to RNO isn't included for Oct 31 (admittedly a Friday) thru Nov 2 (a Monday). Fare is the exact same $417 RT that it was last week. Sigh.

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
  16. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG I'm gobbling up $49 fares........

Does anyone know when Great Gift Wrap up dates are?

How about Grazie Gifts?

Really hoping they overlap, but need to book by tomorrow! Thanks all

17. ski-doo_rider

ski-doo_rider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn that's pricey! I lucked out 2 months ago and scored round trip for $250 total out of Manchester, NH. Found it on their site, but it wouldn't let me book it so I had to call. They said I caught them bewtween a fair change, but sense they could see it as well they gave it to me. As of today to book the same flight would be $496 round trip. Needles to say I am supper phsyched that I bought when I did!!! The closest I've seen since I bought was just under $300, but that was a month ago......Southwest never seems to have anymore cheap flights out of MHT to Vegas, long gone are the days of $99 one way flight to Vegas :(

18. AnAmericanTexanInVegas

AnAmericanTexanInVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked for $99 each way in October. Usually $189+. I'm not complaining!

19. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just finished booking a marathon dozen, $49 Flights. If that doesn't get me to AList again? Theres no hope. lol
    Sure wish you other folks could take advantage of the cheap flights!
    Its a helluva deal............til midnight.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.