1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Solo Weekender

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by engicedave, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

My Trip Report

OK, quick weekend trip to LV 2/28 - 3/3 (Fri-Mon)

Early morning flight out of Orlando on SWA, really thought I left plenty of time, as I am a regular flyer, but after getting a
    coffee, water and some snacks for the flight, I walk up to the gate and I am last in line? The plane is already boarded?
    There's still almost 30 mins before scheduled departure. I bought EB and drew a B9 boarding, but wound up being last.
    Nevertheless, flight was uneventful, watched movie "Rush" and "The Lincoln Lawyer" on iPad (both good movies) and we land on time in LV, about 10:10am.
    While waiting to disembark, phone rings and it's my driver of the Bally's Limo saying she's at the bottom of the escalator in baggage claim,
    so as soon as I get there, we're off, since I did carry on.
    By the way, when I was getting my beverages and snacks for the flight, I picked up an OJ.....look at this list of ingredients, can you believe it??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Weird, huh?

OK, so I'm in LV now, in the big giant land yacht of a limo from Bally's and we pass by this place on Flamingo, just west of the strip....recognize it?

[​IMG]

That's the hotel that got help on the Travel Channel TV show "Hotel Impossible," and from the outside, didn't look like they changed much after he left,
    including the sign offering rooms from "$29.95 and up," which they were told was stupidly low and so low, it makes people think it's a dump. Just too cheap.

OK, so now I arrive at Bally's and notice a few things, the parking garage for the Cromwell,
    is now all stucco'd and looking like something. When I was last here at New Years, that was still the "Idon'tknowwhatnameitwillbe" Boutique Hotel,
    but you can see progress is really moving along. Bally's is also really getting a facelift, as you see construction all over and the logo on the outside
    of the building has changed. Still says "Bally's" but is black in a box with a different font.

Diamond check in was quick, smooth and easy, especially considering my host, Debbie, was right there.

She hooked me up with a Celebrity Suite in the Jubilee Tower, 73rd floor....top of the building

My view

[​IMG]

Here is a tour of a newly refurbished Celebrity Suite at Bally's

[YOUTUBE]qVLhDP38IdM[/YOUTUBE]

IT'S AN APARTMENT!! It's massive! You planning a party? Want a few friends to come hang out?

This is the place and the room

Oh, my host was kind enough to send me a small snack in case I was hungry

[​IMG]

So let's move on to my play...

IT SUCKED....was losing my proverbial ass......I got $1000 in FP and was able to play and convert that to about $700 in cash....
    lost that, lost my bankroll, got a marker, and just kept dying this painful death over friday and saturday

On Saturday night, my host was kind enough to set me up with a ticket (this was a solo trip) to see Meat Loaf.

My seat

[​IMG]

Yeah, that's the stage right there in front of me, one of the three runways coming from the stage. I had a table up front, so had table service and all.

WHAT A GREAT SHOW!! He comes out, does a song and then goes off, only to be introduced as a character, who talks about coming to Las Vegas
    and then another song and a woman bring out "The iPad"....carrying it out like royal jewels.
    This is how he tells you his stories, with pictures and narration. Without going into too much detail and giving too much away,
    I will say this, he makes clear that his name is "Meat." He's been called that since born.
    If you run into him, he says, you are to say, "Hello Meat, it's nice to meet you" and makes everyone repeat it.
    It's a fun and funny show, and almost interactive, as people dance, yell and all kinds of stuff,
    especially during his hit song "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" the crowd really gets into it and is singing as loud as they are on stage
    and at certain parts and pauses, yelling "opinions"
    Highly recommend you see "Meat Loaf, Rocktellz and Cocktails"

and you get a free button!!

[​IMG]

Sunday, I decide to go a little slower and look around more, didn't have much choice, as I was closing in on my loss limit....
    doesn't matter how much you have or can afford, at some point you have to say "Yeah, that's enough"

Here's the construction underway on the bazaar at Bally's

[​IMG]

Also, lots of people in HOG cuts (vests) everywhere.....HOG = Harley Owners
    Group (it's not a "gang"). They had a national meeting for regional leaders

[​IMG]

So today, don't know why, I start making a little headway. Small win here, smaller win there
    and it seemed things were turning around (remember, I do high limit slots and occasional craps)

I go into the Caesars high limit, make a few bucks on a Double Diamond and then drop $100 into a $5 5-way and hit this

[​IMG]

FINALLY!! A handpay!! I start to see some daylight from the darkness!!

By the way, ever see the little lounge in the High Limit slot area/room?

[​IMG]

You have now.

Then I head over to Bellagio, get a little change of play in, and I got this

[​IMG]

So while waiting for my handpay....you know those can take a bit and waiting is boring, I stick $100 into the machine next to it

BAM!!!

[​IMG]

and just so no one thinks those are really from JoeB at the Borgata

[​IMG]

So, played a little more and decided to see what's in the Conservatory, and it was the Chinese New Year

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and with that, it was late, I was tired and went back to pay my marker and back to my room, to say goodnight and pack to leave in morning

[​IMG]

Oh, and I leave you with some street side performance

[YOUTUBE]Jasa-GMy02E[/YOUTUBE]

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man... I just love this report! I feel like I was right along with you. Loved your suite and of course that view. Beautiful! Congrats on the slot wins, I sure hope that got you back over the top for the trip. Thanks a lot for sharin' :peace:

3. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome solo trip, slots are great when they are hitting.

fk

4. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! I also really enjoyed your pics.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR. We were in town the same time you were. I was wondering what was up with all the HOG club vests. I am a long time Harley guy and you don't usually see the guys just walking around in those in LV. They seemed everywhere.

6. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the pics and congrats on the wins! Must've been your lucky day!

40th Birthday Bash!
  7. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR and glad you got those 2 nice wins at Bellagio! :thumbsup:

Annual Golf Trip
  8. NYPoker

NYPoker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was simple, informative, and gripping! Loved the pics and congrats on the handpays.

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hits. Doubly nice since CET doesn't know about the two handpays from Bellagio.

10. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever "The Welfare Queen of Windsor"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just love that suite!
    What a great place for a small meet.
    Thanks for sharing.....

11. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report. Informative, entertaining, and nice pics.

Love those hand pays! Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

12. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great report. Felt like I was there, even though I'm stuck here.

13. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow what a great TR. Loved the pictures. Thanks for posting. With all the construction around Bally’s, did it take much longer to get to either Caesars or Bellagio from Bally’s?

14. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What an amazing view from the suite!

Thanks for the TR. I loved it.

15. tmaas21

tmaas21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the pic of the "Fortune" hotel. I too, watch Hotel Impossible. Wonder if the banquet room is still leaking?? LOL. Thanks for the report!

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good comeback! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

17. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR with great pictures. Thanks!

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  18. VegasLambie

VegasLambie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip. My friends and I were there this weekend. We were the obnoxious group of ladies at the Bally's blackjack tables late Saturday night.

19. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dave nice TR as always !!!!

20. win4me

win4me Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thoroughly enjoyed

:beer::beer: Great TR, loved the variety and great photos!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.