1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Reno-Tahoe TR in iambic pentameter ... OK, maybe not

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ken2v, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Sep 18, 2003
    Central California Coast

My Trip Report

But since I've never felt really comfortable writing, any TR from me is something.

Wow, twice in a month, who needs Vegas???

I hit a bunch of 4oaks; Terri plays JoB so she survived only hitting one.

We stayed at Eldorado, Silver Legacy and the wowza-wowza Ritz-C at Northstar.

I like spa.

The golf was great. In fact, my group took 3rd in the RTO pro-am, with Kevin Streelman.

The Round Mound's game is even more effed up when seen in person--American Century Celebrity event at Edgewood Tahoe (which btw is a fun play). Hats off to him still showing up!! (May the spirit of Bobby Jones invade you some evening, Sir Charles. You deserve it more than anyone in the game!)

Playing Redhawk Lakes before driving home on Tuesday I started par, par, par, triple. And on six I went driver-3h-putter for an eagle. On seven I put two over the fence right. Welcome to my world.

Circus Circus in Reno is nowhere near as skanky as the one in Vegas ... nowhere. The place is still loaded with pant-pissers (clarification: the non-AARP kind) but they're nicely confined to the "midway" area upstairs, and unlike Vegas' variant, I'd not be embarrassed to be found gambling in Reno's version.

Reno's more than a bit scruffy but it trumps downtown Vegas. Tahoe trumps Reno (wow, that's rather dog-bites-man profound).

The brew pub at Eldo is serving up a mean Imperial IPA right now.

I like the new AAA stadium downtown.

Siena is on life support. I think it's terminal.

The Sierras are stupendous.

So is Schat's.

So that's why there's so much Ferrari-Carano for so cheap at SL/Eldo?!?!

MGM Mirage needs to beat-feet wrapping up the just-started renos at SL; good on ya', MGMM.

Reno's art museum is a pound-for-pound knockout artist, and the current Botero exhibition is awesome.

The pimp-ho junior "suite" at Eldo is righteous -- right up until the magic TV shed serves up ... a 26-inch Zenith CRT.

Driving back down the hill is depressing: inland SoCal is pug-ugly this time of year.

Harrah's is evil incarnate.
  2. Piech

Piech Tourist

May 15, 2007
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like your TR style - thanks for taking the time - I enjoyed it....:nworthy:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.