1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A question before I call United.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Mirageluvr, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our daughter graduates from College this term. She informed us this summer that the graduation ceremony would take place after the spring term. Last night she informed us she was wrong and the ceremony is scheduled to take place while we're in Vegas this December. Naturally this changes our plans. Our Vegas round trip flight was booked over a month ago. My question is.....can we move up the return leg of the trip, and if so, is there a significant charge? I've already looked at booking a retun trip from Vegas on Travelocity, which unfortunately would cost almost as much as the original round trip purchase price. We thought we scored big when we booked the trip....$370 for both of us. Thanks.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much all airlines have a change fee for changing any part of a ticket. Actual rules are on their website, and probably more at flyertalk.com than you want to know.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the change fee is $200. No idea if that is per ticket. You usually also have to pay any difference in fare.

Booking a 1 way back earlier may be cheaper if they won't waive the fee.

But I'd certainly call them first, get things escalated if need be and make clear you won't be paying them any extra money except for a reasonable fare difference, and if they insist on the fee your business will be going elsewhere. Worth a shot.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Except SWA of course.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to everyone that responded...some good advice.

6. harvson3

harvson3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $200 plus difference in fare between the tickets. Your best bet is to try to plead with the phone agent to charge you only $200 for both tickets; the computer is going to charge $200 to change each seat.

7. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Harvson....appreciate the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.