1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A positive players club post...Mlife.

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Tammy58, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find that many posts about the players clubs in Vegas tend to be complaining ones. Well, here is a positive one.

We were supposed to fly out and stay at Luxor last Friday for my husbands convention. We decided thursday (day before) that we couldn't go due to some major illness in his family. We knew the rules...we didn't expect our deposit back. The husband called to cancel his Luxor reservation and due to the fact he booked it from the mlife site, he had to call the mlife VIP desk to cancel. He told the person on the phone he had to cancel his reservation due to illness...no elaboration or sob story. She said she would credit him for his deposit. We figured she made a mistake...looked at our credit card account online yesterday and yes...there was the credit. Luxor site says minimum of 48 hours in advance to receive a refund...I would say he called at the 36 hour mark.

We have no idea what happened but in addition to receiving the deposit back...we received mlife points for the deposit....yes! We were 4,900 pts away from being Gold and after the phone call we were suddenly Gold! Not sure if there were mistakes made or just a very nice mlife representative...either way...I am a very happy mlife member right now.

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't get too attached to those tier credits. We had something similar happen - where my boyfriend's tier credits were falsely elevated due to the Bellagio charging him for a suite upgrade on a comped suite - it was a mistake and they reversed it, but like 6 weeks later his tier credits dropped down with no notification from them whatsoever. When I inquired they said it was them taking away the tier credits earned from those charges that were reversed.

I'm not saying it will happen, but don't be surprised if it does :) It was pretty nice of them not to charge you for the cancellation though. I had the same thing happen with CET. I had a night at Bally's booked and didn't end up using it - when I called to cancel they said I would be charged one nights rate of $65. Hasn't happened yet though.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  3. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's nice to hear. The way good customer service should be. Hope there are more stories like that forthcoming.

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Josie...totally expecting them to take the mlife pts away. I was surprised when they showed up...it wasn't when they charged us the deposit...and was before we were supposed to check in...I don't expect us to get back to Vegas until possibly fall of this year, most likely spring of next year. The only real advantage is the vip check in line...I was so surprised at the room deposit refund...and I don't deserve either the refund or added points. I would not be angry to lose either. I only expect what I am entitled to, nothing more. Whether a "gift" from the representative or an error. When the pts disappear I won't be angry. :peace:

Back in 2009 I lucked out with TR at Flamingo...I always thought it was just their accounting error. I used $300 worth of pts to have taken off my bill at checkout. They reduced my bill correctly but never deducted them from my TR acct.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lucked out similarly at Bally's in Dec 2011.

First found that prices went down about $35 after the 72 hours cancelation window passed. Called TR up, they canceled me w/o penalty to rebook for less. Them when I check out, they goofed and only took off 3700 RCs instead of 13,700 RCs. :thumbsup:

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the extra points pushed you into Gold, you should go on the MLife website and book some reservations and get the Gold level discount before they take the TCs away. It could mean an extra 5 - 10% discount.

7. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd also consider calling and asking them to mail you a card. Could save you some checkout line time next trip

8. releaseYourself

releaseYourself Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think a similar thing happened to me when I booked my trip via the mlife website but canceled and rebooked it because the rates went down. I got around 2x the points I would've expected to get. The points all got added my account after the trip. The trip happened exactly a month ago and I still have the points. However, like JosieCat mentioned, I'm half-expecting these extra points to disappear at some point, but I'm hoping that they won't :)

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm, now that y'all mention it, I do seem to have a lot more TCs from my last trip than justified by base points and hotel spend.

If that's true, then when my next trip is done, I should hit the motherlode - I've already cancelled $2,500 worth of deposits and have another $700 or so to go. That should be about an extra 80,000 TCs, if that's what's happening.

One thing I did notice - when I had a bunch of reservations for January, AMEX was running a 4x Membership Rewards points promo with MGM, and when I cancelled a bunch of reservations, they never backed out the AMEX points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.