1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A little email help needed.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 3 email addresses. One for junk mail, contests etc and I use that as web mail. The other two are setup through Outlook. For about the last 3 weeks or so I've been getting this error when I open the web mail, reflecting back on the second address in Outlook.

We're sorry, but it looks like there might be something wrong with the settings of the external account joej44. Please check your pop-server.prodigy.net in Settings and try again.

I receive all the mail through both accounts in Outlook just fine, but it keeps saying on the web mail that there is a problem. All the settings for the pop server look normal. Any ideas?

In Outlook it is set for a pop 3 account
    Incoming mail is pop.att.yahoo.com
    Outgoing is smtp.att.yahoo.com

Incoming is set to port 995
    Outgoing to port 465 and it requires an encrypted connection.

Nothing has changed and like I said, I'm getting mail just fine in all 3 accounts.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you get your POP email through Outlook just fine?

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, no problem there. I'm also getting the web mail just fine, but the annoying warning keeps popping up on web mail talking about the settings in the pop address mail in Outlook.

All mail is working, but I have to keep acknowledging the error in order to proceed and the error comes up every time I open, delete etc in the web account.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.