1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$9.99 Prime Rib at Silver Sevens. So cheap, and you don't have to go downt

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by DaiLun, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fully realizing that $9.99 is far less than the tip that some of us may spend on dinner, there are times when we just want quick, cheap and filling.

I went to Silver Sevens to try their $9.99 Prime Rib dinner. The Prime Rib dinner is on the second floor Sterling Spoon restaurant is across from the buffet on the second floor. I've heard that they have a high end Steakhouse on the weekends up there.

The Prime Rib dinner was a 10 oz. cut, with 2 sides and bread. Several side dishes are in play, including soups and salads.

I chose coleslaw and carrots

S7_PrimeRib.jpg

The Prime Rib comes with creamy horseradish and au jus on the side.

It was very, very good (for a $9.99 Prime Rib dinner). Probably better than Magnolia's at the Four Queens since the assortment of side dishes and the fact that QQQQ has started charging for parking unless you play there. Parking is free at Silver Sevens.

NOTE: You must have a Player's Club card to get the $9.99 price, just like Magnolia's

I'd be interested to see reviews on all of the $9.99 Prime Rib dinners

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a little partial to the prime rib dinner at the Market St. Café at the Cal. For $9.99 you get a prime rib dinner which includes an all you can eat salad bar (or soup of the day), prime rib, veggies (usually green beans), a starch such as baked potato or rice or fries (I think) and dessert which consists of cherries jubilee. I an usually overstuffed with that dinner and I usually make it a point to have it at least once when I visit vegas.

sorry I never thought about taking a picture of the prime rib dinner and I also don't see it in the photo section on tripadvisor. maybe next time I will take a pic for you but that is probably 6 months away.

also sorry but they initially charge for parking at the Cal. You will get it back though, your fee gets refunded when you eat at their restaurants. Luckily the $9.99 special is for everyone, you don't need a player's card to get the special.

I also had the prime rib dinner at the café at the El Cortez. It was decent and good, again prime rib, veggies and a starch like baked potato. IMHO, not as filling as the Cal prime rib but it looks similar to your SS prime rib photo.

3. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, don't get me wrong, there's all kind of $9.99 Prime Rib and everyone has their favorites. This time I was up on the strip and didn't want to drive downtown. Normally, I have Magnolia's at QQQQ or the D Grille on Friday or Saturday. I will try Cal club next time. Also, the cut was a 10 oz., but after you trim the fat, it was about 7 or 8 oz. of meat.

Thanks for the comment!!

4. sigsev

sigsev Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember having the Barbary Coast prime rib special. I think it was 11.99 or something? I ate it at about 5am after a night of gambling and drinking, and it was pretty damn good! We also had a waitress named Flo who hacked up a lung the whole time. They should have kept that cafe for the Cromwell.

5. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We really like the dinner at Market Street Café, also. And yes, makikiboy, you get sort of a ghetto version of cherries jubilee, but it's still pretty tasty. I'm willing to try prime rib in just about any establishment. I'm a complete sucker for it. And I do, in fact, have a photo of the plate I got last May!

IMG_0137.jpg

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the cap at $9.99? Because the prime rib dinner at Ellis Island is $13.99 and I think it's worth it, especially considering it includes a micro brew and a salad or soup. IIRC, the portion is a bit more healthy than the one in the picture.

7. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, it's really open. Since I don't drink beer, the Ellis Island deal isn't really applicable for me, but might be for many others. And thanks for the info!!!

8. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe you can get a fresh brewed root beer instead if you choose on their special

9. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

To be honest with you, that looks disgusting. I would much rather spend $10 at In-N-Out. To each their own I suppose.

10. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In-N-out, home of the 60/40 beef. Yes, to each their own.

11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honesty is a virtue, and a commendable one at that. But a bit of respect should be the order here. Others here don't share your take on the Prime Rib special. Maybe a better use of the word like "unappealing" or "un-appetizing" would suffice and still be honest. Or maybe just say it doesn't look that great. I remember a couple of times the Prime Rib special at the Cal was a little hit and miss. Too much fat but it still tasted ok.

12. TyrC

TyrC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That looks really good except for that green crap on the side! You'd think a place like the Market Street Grill would not serve that mess! Good piece of meat though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.